Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:36 PM

Re: Unless screwed down it could be stolen …

There has been a huge increase in dog thefts here in North Wales since the first lockdown.
I wonder if liquorice allsorts dogs are targeted too, if there isn't much money to be made selling them on, I suppose they're not
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
There has been a huge increase in dog thefts here in North Wales since the first lockdown.
I wonder if liquorice allsorts dogs are targeted too, if there isn't much money to be made selling them on, I suppose they're not
Whats a liquorice allsorts dog? A mixed breed? Well if they look cute, then I think they could be targeted too....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

We've had no end of warnings around the surrounding villages here.
Blokes in white vans have been seen cruising around watching where dog walkers live.

There was a police warning only a few days back saying to be vigilant for chalk marks made on garden walls, fences, house walls and pavements, to indicate where dogs live.

Some of these thieves also put cable ties to fences as markers. Dogs are being taken at knife point.

Those idiots who still leave their poor dogs outside shops are putting them in serious danger.

It really, really worries me, and I am going to buy a personal alarm.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It really, really worries me, and I am going to buy a personal alarm.
I think that's a good idea...........
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Fly-by-nights the lot of 'em.
Majestic birds though Longdogs, I usually see them fishing on the riverbank as I run past....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Majestic birds though Longdogs, I usually see them fishing on the riverbank as I run past....
Not so elegant on take off but once they are up there, they are an amazing sight.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 12:55 PM

Meg mentioned rural crime earlier in here, and I wanted to show you a report I received just today on how much of a problem this is in the countryside.

Apart from the illegal Hare coursing, which is a rapidly growing 'sport', with killer dogs changing hands for up to £20,000 , there has recently been a lot more crimes reported.

Quote:

"Officers from the force's Rural Crime Team has recently received more than 40 reports, which has included the theft of 12 caravans, 12 trailers, nine plant machinery, agricultural tractors and eight quad bikes."

Unquote

And this is only in my local area!!

No doubt with lambing well under way, the next thing will be lambs being stolen or slaughtered in the fields again.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 01:17 PM

Meg mentioned rural crime earlier in here, and I wanted to show you a report I received just today on how much of a problem this is in the countryside.

Apart from the illegal Hare coursing, which is a rapidly growing 'sport', with killer dogs changing hands for up to £20,000 , there has recently been a lot more crimes reported.

Quote:

"Officers from the force's Rural Crime Team has recently received more than 40 reports, which has included the theft of 12 caravans, 12 trailers, nine plant machinery, agricultural tractors and eight quad bikes."

Unquote

No doubt with lambing well under way, the next thing will be lambs being stolen or slaughtered in the fields again.
Any rural area seems to be targeted by these thieves. I know farmers in this county are having to invest in trackers fitted to their tractors and other machinery. This costs them at the time, getting on for £200 per vehicle. If lucky enough to be able to track the stolen machinery they can at least get it back and their insurance then doesn't increase.

I know for fact that diesel stored in tanks at farmyards, for use in agricultural machinery, is also being stolen. Nothing is safe it seems these days.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...tools-16441108

https://farming.co.uk/news/rural-cri...-and-livestock
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:

Unquote

I may be wrong, but is this down to Pikeys?

If so, we have a simple solution: close our border with Ireland and stop them coming here. Let them pursue their criminal activities in their own country. We are better off without them.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I may be wrong, but is this down to Pikeys?

If so, we have a simple solution: close our border with Ireland and stop them coming here. Let them pursue their criminal activities in their own country. We are better off without them.
Quite possibly but don't overlook all the other 'dross' that is coming into this country,
both legally and illegally!

Being strict at our borders, as happens in Australia and America as I see in TV programmes,
would help immensely. Nobody with a criminal conviction can get into those countries but here?
Well no further comment needed … !

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top