Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:20 PM

how times have changed

Needing to get out of the house today due to finally having our new floor fitted after our leak I decided to go to our local park, park my car up and then go for a very long walk through the woods, round the lake a few times. I finally sat down on a park bench with a cuppa I bought from the park cafe and was enjoying the noise around me of children laughing, families having fun with their children, people just out for a leisurely walk and all this sat in the lovely sun.

I haven't seen my great niece properly for such a long time and then I heard this 'hi Auntie Bev' who should come stand in front of me but my 12 year old great niece with her best friend. I was ecstatic to see our Kelsie, I miss her so much and I was delighted.

We got to talking and here is how some of the conversation went.

Me: Have you got yourself a boyfriend yet Kelsie (teasing her)
Kelsie: With an annoyed look on her face NO!!
Me: Have you got a boyfriend Kady?
Kady: No, I've got a girlfriend
Me: Oh, are you gay?
Kelsie: No, she's bisexual

Later on in the conversation
Me to Kelsie: Does our Joshua (her brother aged 18) ever see Paige (his ex) anymore since they broke up?

No but Paige is now with a transexual

At 12 years old I was still wearing white knee high socks not in the slightest even thinking about anyones sexuality.

Oh my, how the world has changed. Kids grow up far too quickly these days and I for one think it's rather sad.

Kids today must be so confused about their sexuality and 12 seems just so young, and only just turned 12 too.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:34 PM

Re: how times have changed

I feel bad for all of them, LQ.

We have shoved them out to sea without sail or compass.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

That describes it well.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:43 PM

The internet and society shove "real life" onto kids before they are ready to process it.

Which is what SM kind of said - only she said it more eloquently
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:47 PM

...but.. who is filling their heads with all this stuff? Or, do they wake up one morning and suddenly they have one of these new fangled sexual identities?!!

The world’s sexuality has become a kaleidoscope of different identities!!

When did it all go wrong ....or is it right?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
...but.. who is filling their heads with all this stuff? Or, do they wake up one morning and suddenly they have one of these new fangled sexual identities?!!

The world’s sexuality has become a kaleidoscope of different identities!!

When did it all go wrong ....or is it Right?
For me personally its not right but then i'm old school old fashioned. Give me old school any day of the week, I wouldn't like to be growing up in todays world tbh
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:55 PM

All you can do is love them and listen. But dont try to hold back the hands of time. They will rip your arms off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
All you can do is love them and listen. But dont try to hold back the hands of time. They will rip your arms off.

Wise words as usual, Keezoy, but it aint easy sometimes, is it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Give me old school any day of the week, I wouldn't like to be growing up in todays world tbh
Me neither, but it would be all you knew so you would do what everyone else did I suppose.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top