Join for free
Page 20 of 33 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:10 PM

Re: Seen A Scam? Warn us if you have!

Emails from Amazon stating that your order cannot be shipped.It then directs you to a ligit looking"Amazon" page asking you for your name,address and bank card details to complete your order.I've had two of these emails recently but after I'd already received the goods I'd ordered.So clearly this is a scam.Can imagine some people falling for this.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Emails from Amazon stating that your order cannot be shipped.It then directs you to a ligit looking"Amazon" page asking you for your name,address and bank card details to complete your order.I've had two of these emails recently but after I'd already received the goods I'd ordered.So clearly this is a scam.Can imagine some people falling for this.
Wow, good job you received your goods already, Rhosyn...yes, many people would confirm their details with this one if they hadn't got their stuff
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 09:59 PM

Now you know one of the reasons why I never buy anything from Amazon....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
To be fair, we buy quite a bit from Amazon, especially during the lockdowns. They are usually competitively priced and, with Prime, usually deliver the next day free of charge.

I have only had one or two problem over several years and they were sorted out quickly and without any quibbling. In one case, when a mis-delivery later turned up after they had sent me a replacement, they just told me to keep both items!

However, it's always worth comparing prices with other outlets because very occasionally you'll find something a little cheaper than on Amazon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
To be fair, we buy quite a bit from Amazon, especially during the lockdowns. They are usually competitively priced and, with Prime, usually deliver the next day free of charge.

I have only had one or two problem over several years and they were sorted out quickly and without any quibbling. In one case, when a mis-delivery later turned up after they had sent me a replacement, they just told me to keep both items!

However, it's always worth comparing prices with other outlets because very occasionally you'll find something a little cheaper than on Amazon.
Sorry JB, it's got nothing to do with cost, more to do with principle....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:37 PM

I can't remember if this has been mentioned in this thread or not but Royal Mail has issued 2 scam warnings that have been reported in today's DExpress:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ting-uk-latest
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I can't remember if this has been mentioned in this thread or not but Royal Mail has issued 2 scam warnings that have been reported in today's DExpress:

My friend nearly got caught on one of those, Percy. The one where they tell you they have been unable to deliver your parcel.

* I had a scam phone call today, pretending to be from Amazon.
What sounded like a recorded voice said my Amazon account had been compromised. I hung up, then blocked the number.

The number was from: 03020 732 626.

I have just checked with Amazon and they told me my account is perfectly safe and they will look into this for me.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Very rarely do I, as ebay is cheaper. 🤪🤪
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-03-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by emjay ->
very rarely do i, as ebay is cheaper. 🤪🤪
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

I had one of those today. The first thing I noticed is that the text was from a telephone number, not Royal Mail. Royal Mail only appears in the text itself.

Page 20 of 33 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top