Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:25 PM

Re: Sturgeon V Salmond

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Scots do and those Scots opposed to the SNP for any reason especially, for a start.
There's a summary here for those who are interested:
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...quiry-23608267
Thanks zaphod. I'm still one the wiser though.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:52 PM

I have to say, although l am not a big fan of Alex Salmond, he’s a blooming good speaker. He had an answer for everything that was thrown at him at the enquiry.

As for Nicola Sturgeon... l dunno... but she will probably survive. I didn’t realise she was a lawyer.

The Deputy Convener Margaret Mitchell was great and seemed a very fair woman. She came over as being very likeable.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:56 PM

If SNP are deprived of a majority in May election, unlikely to be a referendum. The end of a frienship might also be the decline of the nationalist party.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
If SNP are deprived of a majority in May election, unlikely to be a referendum. The end of a frienship might also be the decline of the nationalist party.
There won't be a referendum. There needs to be permission granted by the British government for a referendum to be held.

Sadly I doubt if such permission will be granted because if it is it should include England (which would guarantee an independence outcome) and TOTAL independence from us. Independence in ALL things including a very hard border and absolutely NO subsidies from English or Welsh taxes.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have to say, although l am not a big fan of Alex Salmond, he’s a blooming good speaker. He had an answer for everything that was thrown at him at the enquiry.

As for Nicola Sturgeon... l dunno... but she will probably survive. I didn’t realise she was a lawyer.

The Deputy Convener Margaret Mitchell was great and seemed a very fair woman. She came over as being very likeable.
Salmond has had some ferocious exchanges with Sturgeon. Sad friends have parted with such acrimony.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:29 PM

There's definitely something fishy going on.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks zaphod. I'm still one the wiser though.
Don't worry Longdogs, nobody is if truth be known and only time will tell as to whether that changes or not.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

07-03-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There's definitely something fishy going on.
These two have definitely gone off each other. Gutting the SNP hopes for Indyref2 to pieces.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 01:06 AM

One thing I found distracting when Nicola Sturgeon was speaking in the Scottish Parliament, was that a woman sitting behind her, kept nodding vigorously. I was'nt sure whether she had Parkinson's , or was agreeing with her views. Very strange behaviour.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

07-03-2021, 10:07 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...ns/ar-BB1ekeuD

All Salmond’s acquittal means is a jury did not think there was sufficient evidence to be certain he had committed the crimes of which he was accused. It does not follow that the women’s accounts were in any way exaggerated, or fabricated; just that the high evidentiary bar for a criminal case was not met. Salmond himself has admitted to inappropriate sexual relations with a female civil servant and three civil servants testified in the trial that staff rotas were changed to ensure no woman was left alone after 9pm with the first minister in his official residence.
The women who made the complaints have been threatened on social media and now have police protection.

One of Salmond’s accusers has explained how the parliamentary inquiry has been even more traumatic than the high court trial because of the way opposition MSPs have taken their “very personal experiences and exploited them for their own self-serving political interests”.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top