Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:04 AM

Re: How often do you see a Police Officer where you live?

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I see them fleetingly as they drive past in their car.
Do they slow down when you stare after them? Ours do.....I think its to see the reaction. If you flee, they chase you, if you carry on walking, they carry on driving.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:10 AM

We had a new community copper, standing in the supermarket, asking locals about local problems and concerns. I mentioned the fact that at night, teenagers treat the town as a race track. 'Ah yes', he said 'I have been hearing that a lot.' That was three years ago, they are still doing it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:36 AM

I used to see a policeman regularly up the road but my neighbour has been quite of late No putting her bins out in the nude, litter in the post box, wandering the village eating porridge friom a cooking bowl with a wood spoon dressed in a nightdress , standing in the close shouting 'You ******* ***** are all dammed to hell '' .

Despite all this I like her, she is a bipolar alcoholic Jehovah witness and can be lovely to talk to on normal days .

This week I asked her daughter's latest boyfriend (the daughter lives 2 doors away from mother and has 4 children with unknown fathers) not to park his motorbike outside my house and to park instead outside where he is visiting . He parks all over the village anywhere but outside his girlfriends house my guess is he breaking lockdown and is worried her neighbours will report him. I had enough of his revving up and blocking the narrow lane . I hope I haven't broken the peace
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I used to see a policeman regularly up the road but my neighbour has been quite of late No putting her bins out in the nude, litter in the post box, wandering the village eating porridge friom a cooking bowl with a wood spoon dressed in a nightdress , standing in the close shouting 'You ******* ***** are all dammed to hell '' .

Despite all this I like her, she is a bipolar alcoholic Jehovah witness and can be lovely to talk to on normal days .

This week I asked her daughter's latest boyfriend (the daughter lives 2 doors away from mother and has 4 children with unknown fathers) not to park his motorbike outside my house and to park instead outside where he is visiting . He parks all over the village anywhere but outside his girlfriends house my guess is he breaking lockdown and is worried her neighbours will report him. I had enough of his revving up and blocking the narrow lane . I hope I haven't broken the peace
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are mistaken.

Sitting in a car in a layby is not having a break.

They are in a vehicle with an ANPR Camera and part of a team using ANPR to track County Lines Drug Dealers and Illegals.

They are highly trained officers who can take part in a TPack to stop a vehicle.
No, Swimmy.
The steaming mug usually gives it away.

FYI there's no point sitting in this layby in our quiet country lane to use ANPR - unless they're tracking tractors.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 12:05 PM

The is a big push, going on, to hire lots of new Police Officers

(seach on "hiring new police officers").

However, before we criticise the Policeman, on the street, we should look at the way any powers are stripped away by others.

e.g. The courts providing trivial, or no penalties.

The do-gooders, hiring lawyers.

The prisons, better than housing, in some cases.

How would you like having to chase some drug offender, only to end up getting beaten up, abused, and then find the perp gets all the free legal help & is able to carry on plying his trade!

No thanks!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
The is a big push, going on, to hire lots of new Police Officers

(seach on "hiring new police officers").

However, before we criticise the Policeman, on the street, we should look at the way any powers are stripped away by others.

e.g. The courts providing trivial, or no penalties.

The do-gooders, hiring lawyers.

The prisons, better than housing, in some cases.

How would you like having to chase some drug offender, only to end up getting beaten up, abused, and then find the perp gets all the free legal help & is able to carry on plying his trade!

No thanks!
Yes, exactly.

I have no evidence, but I suspect that they are having problems in recruiting new policepersons these days. I think the same applies to the army, though of course that is being intentionally reduced in numbers anyway.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

LOL! My guess is that while he's quite happy to visit to 'ave it away there's no way he wants anyone to see!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 01:46 PM

The police get no respect nowadays and they keep us safe and help us but who would want to do that job , some of society are unpleasant people and police see dreadful things . I have total respect for them
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
The police get no respect nowadays and they keep us safe and help us but who would want to do that job , some of society are unpleasant people and police see dreadful things . I have total respect for them
If only Susan ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top