Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:01 PM

Census 2021 Letter

Has anyone received a letter re. census 2021?

The letter addressed to ‘The Householder’ states l must go online and complete the Census by Sunday 21st March 2021 or as soon as possible after.

If l don’t complete it, l could be fined up to £1,000. My answers will be protected by law and will be kept confidential.

www.census.gov.uk.

Or is it a scam letter?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:02 PM

Re: Census 2021 Letter

Yes, we had ours a couple of days ago.

Is the the first time you've had one Art? It's exactly the same rules as for previous Census letters.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:08 PM

It's definitely genuine if you go online to the census.gov.uk web page and enter the reference number as given in the letter, because it's a secure gov.uk site.

Ours came a day or two ago and has duly been completed online.
TBH there's not much to it and it doesn't take long - it certainly didn't take the 10 minutes per person as suggested in the letter.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes, we had ours a couple of days ago.
Mags, What if l don’t want to fill it in online? There is no mention of completing forms.
Not everyone in the country has access to the internet, or can use a computer.
I just thought it was an odd letter but l suppose with so many scammers about it makes you suspicious of everything!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:09 PM

Oh heavens, we haven't had one yet, and times ticking on! I'll keep an eye out.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-03-2021, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh heavens, we haven't had one yet, and times ticking on! I'll keep an eye out.
Pixie, We’ll have a whip round for your fine!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mags, What if l don’t want to fill it in online? There is no mention of completing forms.
Not everyone in the country has access to the internet, or can use a computer.
I just thought it was an odd letter but l suppose with so many scammers about it makes you suspicious of everything!
If you read the link Art, you can request a paper version of the Census.

If you want to fill out a paper census

You can request a paper census questionnaire to be sent in the post.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:12 PM

Hi

Nope, no letter yet.

I will have my usual bit of fun.

Religion?

Jedi Knight.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-03-2021, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It's definitely genuine if you go online to the census.gov.uk web page and enter the reference number as given in the letter, because it's a secure gov.uk site.

Ours came a day or two ago and has duly been completed online.
TBH there's not much to it and it doesn't take long - it certainly didn't take the 10 minutes per person as suggested in the letter.
Thanks for that, Zaphod.

I suppose l was thinking about censuses years ago, when l am sure there were pages and pages to fill in. Someone would come to your house and collect them.

I remember that many people stated ‘Jedi’ or Jedi Knight’ for the question asking what religion they were.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-03-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
If you read the link Art, you can request a paper version of the Census.
Thank You, Mags. I hadn’t got that far yet but as you’re all saying it’s ok, l will fill it in online.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top