Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 07:19 PM

Re: Unless screwed down it could be stolen …

Perhaps the way this country is going could be linked to the subject of another thread on OFF (see link below). There's definitely something missing when thefts such as those shown in posts on this thread can and do happen so blatantly all the time.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=73546
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 09:22 PM

The fence in our local park walk is constantly being knocked down and stolen (my guess is it is used as firewood). The council replace it, someone nicks it.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
I seem to remember recently some Pikies nicking some heavy duty cables from a substation and got themselves electrocuted.

Had to deal with a major outage though.
Bad.........
I assume that they survived?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 09:49 PM

I don't know if this is just a local problem, but the youths here have taken to smashing the glass in bus shelters. It's just mindless vandalism. The bus company replace them with sheets of metal, but you can't see when the bus is coming if it's raining, and it goes flying past....
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:07 PM

My DIL told me this evening that 15 bales of hay had been stolen from their property. There were two stacks of 15 each side of the lane, thing was the stack that was stolen were 15 rather poor bales (full of thistles etc) that they were wondering what to do with! Karma?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:32 PM

You can always tell when there are Pikeys about around here. They drive round in flat-bed wagons with a cage on the back full of `scrap metal'. Bollocks. How many bicycles do you see as scrap? I saw one a while back with five bikes in the back. They've obviously been nicked from properties. Just as bad are the scrap dealers who will take this stolen stuff no questions asked.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Here in the UK we tend not to pee on the walls. Well at least not in England, Wales, or Ulster.
One of my abiding memories of Thatcher's Britain when I visited in 1988 was the stink of piss in the stairwells of multi storey car parks and alleyways.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Bad.........
I assume that they survived?
They investigated the outage and found the bodies.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
One of my abiding memories of Thatcher's Britain when I visited in 1988 was the stink of piss in the stairwells of multi storey car parks and alleyways.
Unfortunately that's still a problem Bruce.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:53 AM

Some people steal toilet rolls and light bulbs from their workplace, pubs/restaurants, or other public places.
Usually hanging baskets are stolen too. I suppose it makes a change from stealing garden gnomes!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top