Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 09:18 AM

Re: Fairground Attractions

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have been on that, it scared the s*** out of me. Not because it was high but because it was so rickety.
Yes I've been on that too ....never again! I clenched my fists so hard my nails drew blood ...terrifying
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 01:48 PM

I only like going on the baby rides, like the ducks, swans, cup and saucer, or the little train! Ha! I need a parent otherwise!!

When l used to take my children to Alton Towers, l did not dare look up at my children on the rides, almost up in the sky. It made me feel ill but they loved them, the more dangerous the better!

I am totally fascinated by Carousels. They are so magical and wonderful. They are best seen in the dark with all the pretty lights. I could watch them for hours..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 02:49 PM

God, The hours we used to spend leaning on the rails watching the waltzers go around, while "from a jack to a king" blasted out over the speakers. Happy memories.
We used to love a huge swing boat thing and spent a lot of time on it, hanging on for dear life. But these days I'd only watch and remember. The really big rides seldom came as far north as we were and we didn't get the chance to experience them. I did go on an adult ghost train through in Kirkcaldy at the Links Fair, scared the hell out of me.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I only like going on the baby rides, like the ducks, swans, cup and saucer, or the little train! Ha! I need a parent otherwise!!

When l used to take my children to Alton Towers, l did not dare look up at my children on the rides, almost up in the sky. It made me feel ill but they loved them, the more dangerous the better!

I am totally fascinated by Carousels. They are so magical and wonderful. They are best seen in the dark with all the pretty lights. I could watch them for hours..
Fact about carousels: In the UK, looking down from the top, they go round in a clockwise direction, in Europe and the USA they go round anticlockwise.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Fact about carousels: In the UK, looking down from the top, they go round in a clockwise direction, in Europe and the USA they go round anticlockwise.

I always fancied going on the Race Horse Carousel, it goes really fast from what I've heard.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've been on most things and survived, but this benign looking Viking Ship made me feel sick, and I would never go on it again.....

We have one shaped like a magic carpet! I hated it! I think I passed out
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
God, The hours we used to spend leaning on the rails watching the waltzers go around, while "from a jack to a king" blasted out over the speakers. Happy memories.
We used to love a huge swing boat thing and spent a lot of time on it, hanging on for dear life. But these days I'd only watch and remember. The really big rides seldom came as far north as we were and we didn't get the chance to experience them. I did go on an adult ghost train through in Kirkcaldy at the Links Fair, scared the hell out of me.

Great memories!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-03-2021, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

The saucers can be scary as well! I always feel as if they’re going to crash into another saucer
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-03-2021, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Fairground Attraction ... I thought this was another of your 80s soft rock music threads at first Minx.
I figured no one would figure that out! Clever DooD very clever! But now that you mentioned it, here you go ... especially for you

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

06-03-2021, 01:07 PM

This was in my FB Feed this morning, This roller coaster is the Yukon Striker and is located at Canada’s Wonderland. Anybody up for a go? . Me, No way in hell would I go near it.....Shudder.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top