Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:02 PM

Re: What’s your favourite childhood memory?

Not so nice memory - 1st time I was ever smacked. 18 months old - going to be photographed. Was wearing a pink/red/white striped dress and new white shoes. Photographers studio was up a hill on cobbled street - I stumbled and scuffed left shoe!! Smacked legs.

Nice memory 2nd birthday. Dec - not long in England, caught pneumonia, very poorly - missed Christmas. Woke up properly for first time on my birthday (Jan). Dad had put the Christmas tree lights round my bedroom window. My older brother bought me one of those books with cardboard covers - girl on front, boy on back in their underwear, and the pages in between had all sorts of clothes for them. He patiently sat on my bed and cut them all out for me, showed me how the tabs worked to hold the clothes in place. Friend of mother's came - brought me two pictures -'Sing a song of Sixpence' and 'Twinkle Twinkle little star' - I still have those!

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not so nice memory - 1st time I was ever smacked. 18 months old - going to be photographed. Was wearing a pink/red/white striped dress and new white shoes. Photographers studio was up a hill on cobbled street - I stumbled and scuffed left shoe!! Smacked legs.

Nice memory 2nd birthday. Dec - not long in England, caught pneumonia, very poorly - missed Christmas. Woke up properly for first time on my birthday (Jan). Dad had put the Christmas tree lights round my bedroom window. My older brother bought me one of those books with cardboard covers - girl on front, boy on back in their underwear, and the pages in between had all sorts of clothes for them. He patiently sat on my bed and cut them all out for me, showed me how the tabs worked to hold the clothes in place. Friend of mother's came - brought me two pictures -'Sing a song of Sixpence' and 'Twinkle Twinkle little star' - I still have those!
I love the pictures ST
Poor little girl you should have had a cuddle not a smack..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I love the pictures ST
Poor little girl you should have had a cuddle not a smack..
Thank you, Meg. My mother didn't do cuddles!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:22 PM

I don't recall any favourite childhood memories.

I suppose the best thing I enjoyed was going to school, I started when I was 4.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:24 PM

One of my favorite memories was spending the entire afternoon sledding down a steep snow covered meadow in freezing temps with my friends. Climbing up that hill just to take another ride down, laughing out loud. If I had a rider on the back, I steered with my feet, and they dragged their mittened hands to push us or to stop us. There were about 12 of us in the neighborhood, boys and girls together, loving it when the flakes flew, snow covering our hats and laughter, lots of laughter.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Moving to our "new" house in Sale. I was six. It was big and detached. I was elated - along with my mum.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

I can’t believe that you still have your present and your photograph is just delightful even though you got smacked! Just amazing!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I don't recall any favourite childhood memories.

I suppose the best thing I enjoyed was going to school, I started when I was 4.
I remember my first day of school. My sister was 11 months younger than me and bawled her eyes out and bit the teachers hand just so she could join me in my class - she got her way. We were often in each other’s classes and grew up together.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-03-2021, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
One of my favorite memories was spending the entire afternoon sledding down a steep snow covered meadow in freezing temps with my friends. Climbing up that hill just to take another ride down, laughing out loud. If I had a rider on the back, I steered with my feet, and they dragged their mittened hands to push us or to stop us. There were about 12 of us in the neighborhood, boys and girls together, loving it when the flakes flew, snow covering our hats and laughter, lots of laughter.
That sounds incredible! Great memories!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-03-2021, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Moving to our "new" house in Sale. I was six. It was big and detached. I was elated - along with my mum.
There’s nothing like a fresh start and excitement about the future. Love it!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top