Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:32 AM

Re: What’s your favourite childhood memory?

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Driving the tractor was one of them.
That reminded me Bes we used to have an old wreck of a car on a hollow locally....all the kids drove it all over the world.....it had no wheels of course but imagination is a wonderful thing
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:38 AM

The freedom. Going out all day, my parents never knowing where I was, who I was with, or what I was doing, or so I thought. I never realised then how much information was passed between the grownups in the village.

Exploring air raid shelters and climbing trees. Playground games.

Visiting my Granny who lived on a small holding and kept chooks, collecting eggs, exploring the woods next door and picking blackberries around the Ancient Briton Fort nearby.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:44 AM

I fear my fondest childhood memories might be my holidays at Butlins.

I know my worst childhood memory was when I was about five or six and we went for our annual holiday to Hunstanton, it was after the great floods and the damage was still visible, I spent the whole holiday terrified it was going to happen again at any minute.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:53 AM

Grown Ups shouting with Delight & Dancing in the Street, at Withernsea, outside the only Radio shop in the area.

Lights were on, after dark (hadn't seen that before), and the Lighthouse was switched back into service.

The shop owner threw a handful of pennies to the local children!

A bus went by, with all it's lights on! Wow!

Yes, it was VE Day!

A few days later, a local bloke brought a case of fruit into our classroom, at school, and I saw my first banana!

Wow again!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Grown Ups shouting with Delight & Dancing in the Street, at Withernsea, outside the only Radio shop in the area.

Lights were on, after dark (hadn't seen that before), and the Lighthouse was switched back into service.

The shop owner threw a handful of pennies to the local children!

A bus went by, with all it's lights on! Wow!

Yes, it was VE Day!

A few days later, a local bloke brought a case of fruit into our classroom, at school, and I saw my first banana!

Wow again!
Fantastic! I wish you could share your stories with classrooms of young children. They don't know...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Many. Most involving the ocean. Leaning to swim. Learning to surf. My first tentative chords on the guitar and the sore fingertips that went with them. The smell of BBQs in summer. Where do I start.
Lovely memories Keezoy!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I remember dressing myself for the first time to try to impress my parents and walking into the kitchen where they were delighted but also amused. I had put my jumper on back to front! I was about 3 or 4. Also my grandmother brushing my long hair for ages after a bath until it was all shiny and smooth. She lived with us for a couple of years and we spent so much time together. She particularly loved playing cards with my brother and I.
I think the best thing in the world is having your hair brushed and plaited. It was the only time I had my mom to myself. It was over way too quickly.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

07-03-2021, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Childhood was the best and worst of times, it is easy to do a short list of the worst, harder to catalogue the best.
I think we all remember the bad times easier than the good times Spitty
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

07-03-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Fishing and playing in the crystal clear waters of Bermuda when I was 7.
Awesome Ciderman. It’s great that you have so many pictures to remember your childhood by.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

07-03-2021, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Spending a lot of time with my mum’s sister, and taking the dog out for walks. Curling up in her sitting room with my cousin’s comic books (Beano, Dandy etc). I’d read them time and again. My Nan’s sitting room was at the back of the house, looking out to the garden.

Bringing home a pup, that the owner said we could have for a small sum. Yes, my parents agreed we could keep her and she held a special place in my heart.

Dad worked as a builder and decorator and I used to hold his overalls to my nose and inhale the smell from them. Can still imagine it to this day.

On a holiday in Clacton we decided to do a day trip to France (me, my two sister, and parents). Then trying to get my older sister to speak French to an ice cream seller. Don’t think she was all that keen.
Such special times. If only we could go back in time.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top