Join for free
Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:51 PM

Re: Freedom of speech

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
In this particular example, can you define truth as you see it?
A truly independent Scotland could not exist.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 03:59 PM

Police Scotland charged a man with communications offences because a tweet was reported to them. Excessively ott, a caution would have been more appropriate.

The distinction between acting with intention and acting rashly. What was posted was unkind, but not threatening.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Police Scotland charged a man with communications offences because a tweet was reported to them. Excessively ott, a caution would have been more appropriate.

The distinction between acting with intention and acting rashly. What was posted was unkind, but not threatening.
My apologies for not being clear.....I was referring to Facebook banning Trump. It was that one I hoped you would be able to answer.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
This could be quite true, Todger. I'm on the fence about it, myself - I don't know how it could all pan out. Everything changes all the time, and the promises that get made today, are denied tomorrow, so I'm just waiting, watching, and voting when the time comes.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
My apologies for not being clear.....I was referring to Facebook banning Trump. It was that one I hoped you would be able to answer.

Banning him serves no purpose.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...SCC=1600864376

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ts/6729949002/

Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee raised allegations of anti-conservative bias, saying Facebook’s rules “are not applied in a fair and neutral manner."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1786424.html

The eldest son of Donald Trump hit out at Twitter for what he called its “bias” and “one-way targeted” censorship, and invited the SpaceX chief to create a rival social networking site which gives a platform to “neural arbiters”, seemingly categorising his father as such.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Right back on topic, We got a bit stuck on something else

I admire this woman we need more like her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lGGlbZRoV4
Ha! We've been censored on the 'Freedom of Speech' thread.....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 07:07 PM

I have followed this women for years.

Its 19 min long but worth watching and shows up the lefties stupidity over freedom of speech.

https://www.facebook.com/realCandace...51263566611887
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:50 AM

I've always been somewhat guilty of letting my mouth spit stuff out before my brain realises the damage done.

As I've grown older my Brain has been catching up, to the point where the words, nowadays, come out after a little more consideration.

Sadly, like some others, I suspect, the Brain still is a critic, albeit hidden.

But the mouth is more likely to stay shut.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:56 AM

Hi

Freedom of speech is important.

I like being able to call Boris and Corbyn idiots.

Inciting violence however is not right.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Nonsense!

Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top