Join for free
Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 04:37 PM

Re: EU About to Block Vaccine For the UK.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Of course it is obvious that you didn't look it up Assman otherwise you would have written "tangled web". Perhaps you should have taken the trouble to check first before adding another "wrong" to your already impressive total.
Oooer ! I forgot summat else eh!
Don't you think you are becoming a bit over pedantic Brucy??
"There but for the grace of God go l"

Who said that then??

Donkeyman l. 🤔🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Zaph - the DE article mentions that fact too.

Ta for that Percy but when you've looked at a few media sources with their pro-EU bias so blatant you soon start to lose the will to live.

Well, once you've stopped laughing about the EU raiding a factory containing their own vaccines you do.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 11:26 AM

Vaccine wars does no one any good. No one is safe until everybody is safe, that’s just the way it is in a World wide pandemic. What is needed is cooperation and understanding, we all have a common aim and that includes helping those without the resources richer countries have. I can’t help wonder what the outrage will be on here once/if the majority of vaccines produced in the UK go elsewhere. Politics should take a backseat in this circumstance but...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
The Italians have found 29 million AZ jabs "stockpiled" in it's Lazio-based bottling plant according to La Stampa - reported by the DExpress.

All the EU inspectors have to do now is find another 30million or so hidden away and that's AZ's contract with the EU fulfilled.
Those vaccines are destined for Australia and other poorer countries under the Oxford/AZ/UK vaccination program.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Those vaccines are destined for Australia and other poorer countries under the Oxford/AZ/UK vaccination program.
The EU's misbehaviour must now be becoming apparent to the world. They are doing themselves no favours.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The EU's misbehaviour must now be becoming apparent to the world. They are doing themselves no favours.
The thing is, is that the behaviour of the Commission reflects on the member states leadership. Expect a lot of finger pointing and blame shifting coming soon ...

All eyes on Viktor Orban
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 02:21 PM

The thing is, is that the behaviour of the Commission reflects on the member states leadership. Expect a lot of finger pointing and blame shifting coming soon ...

All eyes on Viktor Orban
Yes, I'm all for it.
The EU is quite capable of pulling itself apart without any interference from us!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Vaccine wars does no one any good. No one is safe until everybody is safe, that’s just the way it is in a World wide pandemic. What is needed is cooperation and understanding, we all have a common aim and that includes helping those without the resources richer countries have. I can’t help wonder what the outrage will be on here once/if the majority of vaccines produced in the UK go elsewhere. Politics should take a backseat in this circumstance but...
Agreed.

I'm pretty sure that if things were different and we produced vaccines by the bucketload already that by now we would be punting them off all around the world.
Why would I think that?
Well we've already subbed-out the Oxford/AZ jab to producers worldwide as well as giving our expertise in their factories to help increase production.
Remember if you would that we're seeing vaccine production problems here too, and it has been explained why by far more-capable people than myself.

We're also funding the Oxford research into modifications of vaccines to tackle variants of Covid and IIRC these are due soon, in the Autumn IIRC.
I've not seen one single suggestion that we refuse to let these modernised vaccines go around the world to other producers, despite the EU's ongoing disagreement.

IMHO politics shouldn't interfere in global trade regardless of whether it is during a pandemic or not, and it's sad seeing the EU weaponise vaccines like this.
I think that the whole world is hoping that it doesn't start a sequence of unwanted events.

BTW, our vaccine production will by the end of this year see a significant increase as the VMIC comes online to produce up to 70 million vaccines every four to six months, as well as the Valneva vaccine which has already begun production and will hopefully be approved by the last quarter of the year if trials go well.
That's another planned-for 60 million jabs by the end of the year if all goes well.
The UK government funded expansion of the production facilities for this in Livingstone too.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-03-2021, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I'm all for it.
The EU is quite capable of pulling itself apart without any interference from us!
Norovax delays signing a deal with the EU over the vaccine fiasco.

Seems big businesses are wary of dealing with the EU as they can not be trusted over contract arrangements. The EU retaliation of spreading lies about them (as we see with AZ) when they don't get their own way is extremely damaging to their world-wide business reputations.

Expect more of this... especially from big Pharma and finance companies.

https://foxhole.news/2021/03/25/top-...accine-fiasco/
Zaphod
Lincs UK

26-03-2021, 10:44 AM

Norovax delays signing a deal with the EU over the vaccine fiasco.

Seems big businesses are wary of dealing with the EU as they can not be trusted over contract arrangements. The EU retaliation of spreading lies about them (as we see with AZ) when they don't get their own way is extremely damaging to their world-wide business reputations.

Expect more of this... especially from big Pharma and finance companies.

https://foxhole.news/2021/03/25/top-...accine-fiasco/
Many people including myself warned that the EU's vaccine nationalism would lead to this, and I suspect that the Novavax incident won't be the only one.

Here not only have we (the UK) secured 60 million doses but the factory in Billingham, Tyne & Wear is already in production.
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...under-20237098

Combine this with our VMIC due to begin production before the year end and the Valneva factory in Livingstone also already producing, and there's no wonder Robert Jenrick says the government is confident of being able to increase the supply and get them into arms in the coming months.

Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top