Join for free
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 02:38 AM

Epson WF2830 printer..ACER laptop

Hi all you computer experts. I have the above printer connected via USB cable to an ACER laptop that I have just started using. It is a printer copier scanner all in one. It was previously connected to a DELL desk top and installed via the accompanying disc. All functions worked perfectly. When I connected the printer to the new laptop it just plugged and played. I didn’t even have to install it. However!...Although it prints and copies, the scan function doesn’t seem to work now. I guess I need to re-install it But there is no damned disc drive is there. So my question is, can anybody tell me if there is a way to transfer the info from the installation disc to a USB stick so I can try to install this printer onto the laptop. Any suggestion would be welcome. 😊
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 05:11 AM

Re: Epson WF2830 printer..ACER laptop

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Hi all you computer experts. I have the above printer connected via USB cable to an ACER laptop that I have just started using. It is a printer copier scanner all in one. It was previously connected to a DELL desk top and installed via the accompanying disc. All functions worked perfectly. When I connected the printer to the new laptop it just plugged and played. I didn’t even have to install it. However!...Although it prints and copies, the scan function doesn’t seem to work now. I guess I need to re-install it But there is no damned disc drive is there. So my question is, can anybody tell me if there is a way to transfer the info from the installation disc to a USB stick so I can try to install this printer onto the laptop. Any suggestion would be welcome. 😊
I am going from memory but you just need to copy the driver from the CD (using a computer with a CD player obviously) then plug the thumb drive into the new computer. Or you can download it from the Epson Web site.

From the "Add Printer" (Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners) there is a way of telling the system that you have the driver and direct it to the thumb drive. From memory it was pretty intuitive so just try it
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 06:37 AM

Thanks mate. Will do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 09:14 AM

I had the same problem when I bought this laptop keezoy, no disc drive.....
So I bought a small inexpensive external disc drive that plugs up to the laptop. It transferred all the drivers I needed and still comes in handy for doing other stuff where a disc drive is required...

Like Bruce says though, you can probably download the drivers you need from the website....Good luck...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 01:51 PM

Keezoy, if that doesn't work Epson drivers are all available online.
A quick search of "Epson WF2830 printer drivers" should bring the web page up & if you've not faffed about finding I swapping files from one place to another then downloads might be faster.

OR if you just want the scanner bit, search for "Epson Scan 2" which is the one for your machine.
keezoy
Australia

16-04-2021, 11:14 PM

Thank you all so much. I haven't got around to this battle yet ( Because that's what it always is with me and computers) but I will now I have all this ammo. !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top