Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 05:33 AM

What do you feel lucky about?

Need a beak from China, COVID, Politics,Brexit, SCOMO, Trump and all the rest of the argy bargy stuff around today. Just a good old fashioned "OFF" type thread starter. NO judgements or arguments. A question for every body to share. What is one, or a few things that you feel lucky about in your life?..Mine are simple. I feel lucky that I was born into my family. They are a mixed bunch. English, Australian and American. They are all great people and there's not one "bad egg". I feel lucky that I met the right person to spend my life with. And I feel lucky that I live where I do and that I have never had to put my life on the line to defend it like my father and uncles did. I feel lucky that I've made it this far when many people I have loved in my life haven't. How about you?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 05:47 AM

Re: What do you feel lucky about?

I feel lucky to be me and that I too have a gorgeous family. I'm lucky to have been born in Yorkshire too... I know we moan about the UK but I'm proud to be Yorkshire. I'm lucky to have found OFF too gosh I hope this forum never closes I would miss it so much if it did
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:07 AM

Lots of things: I'm eternally grateful that I have survived several hazardous situations, that several other things did not turn out as bad as they could have, that I was only seriously ill as a young man and only now as an old man again with some carefree decades in between, that I witnessed the fall of the Iron Curtain enabling me to live in the world of the free, that I made the right major decisions at a crossroads, that I managed to feed and care for my family knowing that I'll leave them without having incurred any debts and that can hand down some nice assets.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:26 AM

16 years ago I moved into a new life on my own it was extremely hard as I'd never lived alone and had no family to turn to . I was very lonely and at many times completely lost in life and money was tight , I worked at 3 jobs for years to pay my bills It felt endless .

Time moved on and I became used to my own company and the loneliness and lost feelings slowly disappeared and 16 years on I can honestly say I'm lucky as I am happy alone and enjoy my own company , life is kinder and I am no longer afraid . I know I am ok .

My worst nightmare became my greatest gift
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:45 AM

I don’t believe in luck........not being contentious, just voicing my honest opinion.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:06 AM

I think you make your own luck often from kindness and hard work , I’ve met some lovely people …I’ve been lucky with my lovely family and friends
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:23 AM

Glad I saw the mould and, was able to break it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:00 AM

I once said to an elderly lady who was telling me about her life, how lucky she was.
She replied back, ‘Not lucky.... fortunate’.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:46 AM

...Lucky to have found peace and contentment after a turbulent life..
...Lucky to have a beautiful and considerate family..
...Lucky to have had a love a dogs for my whole life, they have been my comfort, confessors, companions and support in bad times and good, my life would have been all the poorer without them..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...Lucky to have found peace and contentment after a turbulent life..
...Lucky to have a beautiful and considerate family..
...Lucky to have had a love a dogs for my whole life, they have been my comfort, confessors, companions and support in bad times and good, my life would have been all the poorer without them..
Meg, You forgot.... Lucky to be such a good cook and lucky for all those who eat your delicious food!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top