Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 05:09 PM

I am looking for ...

a cheap and cheerful MP3 or MP4 player onto which I can download music from my PC via a USB cable.

I want it only for playing music - not fussed about video screens, radio, voice recording etc., Quality sound would be good.

Also - I do not like the kind of ear phones that plug into your ears - would prefer the ones that hang over the ears.

Has anyone any recommendations please?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 06:38 PM

Re: I am looking for ...

Sorry Tabbles, but I've absolutely no idea what an MP3 or MP4 player is..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 09:39 PM

Me neither Tabby, I gave up listening to music at the turn of the century when it all went crap!......
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
a cheap and cheerful MP3 or MP4 player onto which I can download music from my PC via a USB cable.

I want it only for playing music - not fussed about video screens, radio, voice recording etc., Quality sound would be good.

Also - I do not like the kind of ear phones that plug into your ears - would prefer the ones that hang over the ears.

Have a look on Amazon and check user reviews.
I bought one from EBay last August, 32 GB, Bluetooth pretty good sound quality. Unfortunately the damned thing has now started to malfunction an it looks like a return is not possible.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Whats it for primarily? to listen to out and about or in the house? if in the house I'd get a Google home/echo dot or some such to bluetooth it from your lap top,or if you have a smart phone download music to there and listen on that.No need for a separate mp3 player any more imo unless of course you dont have a mobile.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 09:25 AM

Hi.
I wouldn’t say I would say I actually recommend this as I haven’t done a lot with it since buying last year as I don’t know how to download music from YouTube where I have my playlist.
I have bought music online and downloaded it onto the MP3 but its expensive to do that.

I have used headphones in the 3.5 jack but have also used the built in Bluetooth to connect it to a speaker in the car.
The only problem I had was when it first came it was set to Chinese as the operating language so I had to mess about with the Chinese menu to change it to English

bought from Amazon
SUPEREYE MP3 Player, 16G Portable Lossless Sound MP3 Player with Bluetooth 4.1, Backlit Keys, Support up 64G, Music Headphones Included
by SuperEye
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:22 AM

Here's a helpful article:

The best MP3 player for every budget

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/recommen...-every-budget/

Finding the best MP3 player these days is a bit like looking for a needle in a 4G haystack. Dedicated MP3 players have been squeezed out of the market by more connected digital devices – smartphones and tablets – that offer music-on-the-go plus so much more.

To help you separate the wheat from the chaff, I reviewed a range of the top music players, testing them for sound quality, ease of use, durability and more. Here's what I found, starting with the very best.
The Astell&Kern SR15 at £549 is, obviously, way too expensive but also included in the article are the SanDisk Clip Jam at £23.79, SanDisk Clip Sport Plus at £32.59-£49.83 and the Victure M3 Music Player at £21.99, the last 3 all available from Amazon.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:42 AM

I'd like one for downloading books but alas haven't a clue and very little money, so I'd appreciate any advice given.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
I'd like one for downloading books but alas haven't a clue and very little money, so I'd appreciate any advice given.
I don't know anything about ebook readers (either!) but here's a helpful article:

7 best eReaders 2020: Fuel your inner bookworm during lockdown with a Kindle or Kobo device

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras...-a9377031.html

You can carry literally thousands of books in one slim, lightweight device, which is especially useful when you’re travelling. Ebook readers are connected to wifi, and sometimes the mobile phone network, too. So, if you can’t be bothered to move from your poolside comfort to go and buy the next book, you can download it in less than a minute.

Unlike tablets, ebook readers are not backlit, so you can read them in bright sunshine, even through sunglasses. Almost all eReaders now have light so that you can read in the dark and because it lights the page from the side, not from behind, it’s much more restful on the eyes than a tablet.There are two dominant UK brands in ebook readers: Amazon with its Kindle range and Rakuten’s Kobo series.
Prices range from £229 - £69 from Amazon.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
You can download free audiobooks in MP3 format for MP3 players (rather than invest in Kindle/Kobo readers) from sites such as this. They come as a `ZIP`file (compressed folder) and need to be extracted before copying to an MP3 player of your choice.

http://www.loyalbooks.com/Top_100

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top