Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 01:31 AM

Re: Trump has gone

Originally Posted by Bread ->
This was all long before Trump was on the scene.

There's loads more videos of Biden just go and have a look. And trump got 10 million more votes than in 2016... your talking as if Biden is the second coming of the lord

As I said before Bread, give it all you've got. And end it all with "lol". No never mind to me at all. Seems to me you're pretty much on your own here. BUt it doesn't surprise me at all that Trump has his supporters in Britain. He has them everywhere. Anywhere where there are people who admire a strutting narcissist dictator and have no respect for democracy. Have you ever heard of "implication" ? You say you didn;t call Biden a pedophile?..So what was all this dross about "Keep him away from your daughters " etc or something like it. My argument with you is over.I stand by every single thing I say. About Trump and about BIden. Biden doesn't have all Republicans and a significant number of the Democrats saying he is a criminal and a maniac. And the second coming of the Lord??..Oh please man. ..Is that how you see a respectful and admiring description of a decent man who wants to lead his country to peace and unity?.. I have strong ties to the USA. I have family and many friends there. I have lived there. I have American ancestors that go back to the Revolutionary War. I am a proud Australian but I am also proud of my American roots. And I am still proud of their democracy. The one that Trump spat on and tried to destroy. I make no apology for my anger towards you. "Lol" all you like. YOu are out of line.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 02:27 AM

There have never been any formal charges or complaints from parents about Biden's interaction with children. He has definitely said some weird things and has some awkward moments with a few minors, but I think he is just one of those people who is more touchy-feely than most. I expect his wife and his advisors will tell him to reel it in.

I do not align with Biden politically, and he has been accused of sexual impropriety with Tara Reade, but it is wrong to accuse him of inappropriate behavior with children.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
There have never been any formal charges or complaints from parents about Biden's interaction with children. He has definitely said some weird things and has some awkward moments with a few minors, but I think he is just one of those people who is more touchy-feely than most. I expect his wife and his advisors will tell him to reel it in.

I do not align with Biden politically, and he has been accused of sexual impropriety with Tara Reade, but it is wrong to accuse him of inappropriate behavior with children.
I understand SM. I have heard that Biden is a tactile person. In the "old days" an adult could innocently comfort a child, give them a cuddle or just pat them on the head and it wasn't seen as "creepy"..Times have changed and now any kind of physical contact with kids will be seen by somebody as inappropriate. It is hardwired in us to care for children. Maybe that's why so many kids are alienated and depressed these days. The whole world is scared of them. I accept that he may have made some mistakes. But did he deserve what was said about him here?...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I understand SM. I have heard that Biden is a tactile person. In the "old days" an adult could innocently comfort a child, give them a cuddle or just pat them on the head and it wasn't seen as "creepy"..Times have changed and now any kind of physical contact with kids will be seen by somebody as inappropriate. It is hardwired in us to care for children. Maybe that's why so many kids are alienated and depressed these days. The whole world is scared of them. I accept that he may have made some mistakes. But did he deserve what was said about him here?...
No, thus the reason I commented.

It isn't an easy time to be a man. Men have to be vigilant about not putting themselves in situations in which they could be falsely accused. While we live under the premise of "innocent until proven guilty," the reality is, for better or worse, when it comes to claims of inappropriate behavior with women or children, the onus is on men to prove their innocence. All the more reason to be extraordinarily refrained about drawing conclusions in regards to situations like those regarding Biden.

This kind of character assassination is exactly the kind of false narrative that undermines constructive debates on issues that matter to all of us.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Exactly so. I love little kids and I want to hold/cuddle them, BUT because I'm a man, I know full well that is forbidden in today's world. Truly a darn shame that females can be touchy feely with little kids, but a man can not. Very sad that there is a tender side of me which I'm not allowed to express.
keezoy
Australia

21-01-2021, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
No, thus the reason I commented.

It isn't an easy time to be a man. Men have to be vigilant about not putting themselves in situations in which they could be falsely accused. While we live under the premise of "innocent until proven guilty," the reality is, for better or worse, when it comes to claims of inappropriate behavior with women or children, the onus is on men to prove their innocence. All the more reason to be extraordinarily refrained about drawing conclusions in regards to situations like those regarding Biden.

This kind of character assassination is exactly the kind of false narrative that undermines constructive debates on issues that matter to all of us.

How true SM..Absolute bullseye.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 05:07 AM

Talking of videos here's a good one

Now that Biden is president our PM, poor old Scotty from Marketing, might have to come up with a climate plan.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:31 AM

https://theweek.com/articles/892127/tragedy-joe-biden

This is the tragedy of Biden's presidential campaign: an old man convincing himself to do something no one in particular needs him to do and feeling sad about it and having to go on for weeks and months enduring insults and calumnies from people who would otherwise leave him alone, all because no one, least of all the people who should care about him most, gives a damn.
https://inews.co.uk/us-election-2020...ndidate-731796

Why would he want all this added pressure at 78.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
As a little interlude to the pervert/proof debate that has broken out, can someone explain why both the BBC and ITV felt the need to suspend normal broadcast and put the inauguration on for hours?
I said the same Dex.....I doubt many watcbed it....on the plus side I found Junior Bake-off to watch instead...it was good
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:11 PM

https://inews.co.uk/us-election-2020...ndidate-731796

Death of a son

While his professional reputation sawed, tragedy would strike again at home. His son, Beau, who had been tipped as a future president himself, was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2013. In 2015, after 10 days in hospital, he died aged 46.

“Promise me, Dad… Promise me, you’ll stay engaged,” Beau told his father in his dying days.

As he runs to lead the free world amid another personal tragedy, Biden admitted: “It took a long time for me to get to the point to realise that that purpose is the thing that would save me. And it has. And every morning I get up and I say to myself … I hope he’s proud of me.”

So sad, we have to give President Biden a chance.

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top