Join for free
Page 16 of 164 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 05:10 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Great news John
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I have just had a phone call from my sister saying that one of our cousins (87) had died from covid19 in a nursing home. She had the vaccine at Christmas but was very frail and I believe in the DNR category.
Sad news Scot sounds like the vaccine came too late for your cousin ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Had a call yesterday from my doctors surgery, asking if I wanted the vaccine jab today, Friday at 1300hrs. Obviously I said yes, and got sorted out at that time. Superbly organised it was, and well done to all involved!
That was quick work John not much notice then .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Had a call yesterday from my doctors surgery, asking if I wanted the vaccine jab today, Friday at 1300hrs. Obviously I said yes, and got sorted out at that time. Superbly organised it was, and well done to all involved!
Well done John, pleased to hear it went well
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:10 PM

I phoned my friend this evening because I knew she was having her first jab today, and I wondered how she got on.

The phone rang for ages, and I was just about to ring off when she answered. She was in bed. (It was only about 8 pm).
She said she had a sore throat, couldn't get warm, and ached all over.

Could that possibly be a reaction so quickly, within about 12 hours? Is that possible I wonder?
She swears she felt fine this morning.

I will ring her tomorrow to see how she is and report back.
I don't know which vaccine it was yet.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I phoned my friend this evening because I knew she was having her first jab today, and I wondered how she got on.

The phone rang for ages, and I was just about to ring off when she answered. She was in bed. (It was only about 8 pm).
She said she had a sore throat, couldn't get warm, and ached all over.

Could that possibly be a reaction so quickly, within about 12 hours? Is that possible I wonder?
She swears she felt fine this morning.

I will ring her tomorrow to see how she is and report back.
I don't know which vaccine it was yet.
I hope your friend will feel better tomorrow Mups.

I wonder if she was 100% fit when she had the vaccination
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope your friend will feel better tomorrow Mups.

I wonder if she was 100% fit when she had the vaccination

I don't know any more yet, Mags. I didn't want to keep her talking as she didn't sound her usual self at all.

Like I said though, she reckons she was fine earlier this morning. She is a very active person normally, always on the go, barely sits down all day, so this is very out of character.

She also said the Indian woman did it, really hurt her. Odd, isn't it.

Will try and talk to her tomorrow, and find out a bit more.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

22-01-2021, 11:20 PM

So far 11 of our members have reported having had the jab or have an appointment made for a few days time.

I'm hoping to see a few more names on here as they work their way through the age categories.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

22-01-2021, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know any more yet, Mags. I didn't want to keep her talking as she didn't sound her usual self at all.

Like I said though, she reckons she was fine earlier this morning. She is a very active person normally, always on the go, barely sits down all day, so this is very out of character.

She also said the Indian woman did it, really hurt her. Odd, isn't it.

Will try and talk to her tomorrow, and find out a bit more.
That's a shame, I can honestly say I hardly felt the needle at all, it was over and done in no time.

If you speak to her tomorrow Mups, ask her if she has a temperature. I was thinking if she did have a temperature, maybe she should report it to the wherever she had it done .... just in case she was a carrier (which I sincerely hope she wasn't)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-01-2021, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's a shame, I can honestly say I hardly felt the needle at all, it was over and done in no time.

If you speak to her tomorrow Mups, ask her if she has a temperature. I was thinking if she did have a temperature, maybe she should report it to the wherever she had it done .... just in case she was a carrier (which I sincerely hope she wasn't)

Yes, good idea Mags.

There are definitely some people better than others at injecting us though.

There is a woman at the blood clinic not far from me, and I refuse to see her now, because she has made a right old mess of my arm twice now.
Nobody else does, it is only her.

Ooer, just had a thought - this one I don't like is Indian also! Wonder if it's the same one?
Blimey, if it have to see her I will just have to refuse.

Page 16 of 164 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top