Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 10:48 PM

Re: Supermarket Stress

Forget Morrison's LQ, go to Lidl in Mirfield and use their self-service tills. A lot faster, and no waiting for some dildo looking for money off coupons at the bottom of their purses/wallets, nor some check-out operator who doesn't know what they're doing.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I expect both staff and customers were trying to get to church LQ??
Donkeyman!
I wasn't Donkey, I was trying to get to the swimming baths before it closed! lol

Mind you with the language going round in my head I really should go to confession, I bet Father will give me 10 hail marys
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Forget Morrison's LQ, go to Lidl in Mirfield and use their self-service tills. A lot faster, and no waiting for some dildo looking for money off coupons at the bottom of their purses/wallets, nor some check-out operator who doesn't know what they're doing.
Ey up r Judd. Where is Lidl in Mirfield? I can't say I've ever seen it, is it in Mirfield town ctr?

To be honest I don't normally shop at Morrisons, now I've got more reasons not to shop at morrisons lol
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 11:14 PM

Its all to do with the recruiters, lack of training, and the recruitment stock, lack of customer empathy.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Ey up r Judd. Where is Lidl in Mirfield? I can't say I've ever seen it, is it in Mirfield town ctr?

To be honest I don't normally shop at Morrisons, now I've got more reasons not to shop at morrisons lol
From where you live, take the Huddersfield Rd. which takes you into Mirfield. Just passed the fire-station on the left there is a set of traffic lights. Turn left down there and it's around 150yds down that road.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 01:48 AM

LQ your experience sounds awful. I've noticed this year that people in supermarkets are walking like zombies completely ignoring other shoppers in their mission to get to where they want. Not sure what's caused this (4G, smartmetres, something in the water...etc), but it seems to be an epidemic. I've not experienced anyone banging my trolley (how rude) but there is a general lack of common courtesy and it's as though other people are an inconvenience. I don't wish to be sexist but it does seem that a lot of the behaviour is coming from men shopping on their own and strutting around as if they own the space. It also includes men working in supermarkets who no longer seem to be aware of the fact that customers cannot jump out of the way when they push that great big trolley of stock around. It's as though a lot of people are living in their own self centred bubble.

I wonder if turning up in a modern day suit of armour would help? A bit like robocop.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
LQ your experience sounds awful. I've noticed this year that people in supermarkets are walking like zombies completely ignoring other shoppers in their mission to get to where they want. Not sure what's caused this (4G, smartmetres, something in the water...etc), but it seems to be an epidemic. I've not experienced anyone banging my trolley (how rude) but there is a general lack of common courtesy and it's as though other people are an inconvenience. I don't wish to be sexist but it does seem that a lot of the behaviour is coming from men shopping on their own and strutting around as if they own the space. It also includes men working in supermarkets who no longer seem to be aware of the fact that customers cannot jump out of the way when they push that great big trolley of stock around. It's as though a lot of people are living in their own self centred bubble.

I wonder if turning up in a modern day suit of armour would help? A bit like robocop.
Perhaps, like some I see in supermarkets, they are far too busy on their mobile phones to be aware of other shoppers? Any of these types that are approaching me in that way I just keep walking! Ignorant, uncaring, inconsiderate people that they are!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 09:05 AM

I like ALDI..they are trained to get you through checkout double quick....they don't even like you to pack your bags at checkout because you slow things up.....it's like pow! and you are through
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I like ALDI..they are trained to get you through checkout double quick....they don't even like you to pack your bags at checkout because you slow things up.....it's like pow! and you are through
Yes, that's good providing you are quick yourself. I started shopping at Aldi on the advice of family as fruit and veg. at other supermarkets was absolute rubbish, fruit rotting in the fruit bowl in days, veg. simply not fresh. Aldi, I have found, have good quality fruit and veg., generally everything is far less expensive than other supermarkets and also with the benefit of friendly, helpful staff. Efficiency is how they do all this, and it really shows!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Perhaps, like some I see in supermarkets, they are far too busy on their mobile phones to be aware of other shoppers? Any of these types that are approaching me in that way I just keep walking! Ignorant, uncaring, inconsiderate people that they are!
Baz the scary thing is that in my experience these people are not using their phones. They are just naturally rude and intimidating people. There has been a general reduction in good manners and goodwill in the last few years. So it can be such a shock when someone is polite and kind these days.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top