Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:50 PM

Re: Heating Controls.

Glad that it's all going to be sorted mate and the price seems OK to me
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Glad that it's all going to be sorted mate and the price seems OK to me
They are local family run business so they have to be competitive with an ex employee of theirs starting up some time ago and being just as successful it seems.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:42 PM

All sorted and booted,not with out issue,bit of trouble with the wiring in the box, bit of a mess he said.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
All sorted and booted,not with out issue,bit of trouble with the wiring in the box, bit of a mess he said.

That's because in a lot of cases, installers don't follow the recommended instructions to use a connection centre close to where the motorised valves, pump, and cylinder stat are. Everything is wired from that point. Doing it that way, any repairs or replacements can be instantly swapped over. In the case of your clock, only three twin and earth cables (suitably colour-coded) are required - supply, c/h on/off, h/w on/off.
That rat's-nest of wiring of yours will make it difficult to find out what goes where.
caricature
Devon,England.

26-06-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's because in a lot of cases, installers don't follow the recommended instructions to use a connection centre close to where the motorised valves, pump, and cylinder stat are. Everything is wired from that point. Doing it that way, any repairs or replacements can be instantly swapped over. In the case of your clock, only three twin and earth cables (suitably colour-coded) are required - supply, c/h on/off, h/w on/off.
That rat's-nest of wiring of yours will make it difficult to find out what goes where.
I think it took as long if not longer to do the wiring then the actual valve change.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I think it took as long if not longer to do the wiring then the actual valve change.
Can't say I'm surprised.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top