Join for free
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 03:52 PM

Lovecraft Country

A new HBO show set in 1950's America portraying the horrors of the Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos as well as the rampant, ingrained racism of the times. It sounds an odd mix but it works well on a road trip through terror to solve a family mystery. Certain humans provide as much nail-biting fear and tension as the more literal monsters. I loved it! Episode 1 is out now.

Series Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvamPJp17Ds
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 06:53 PM

Re: Lovecraft Country

I watched it this afternoon and will watch it again this evening on the big screen, first viewing is amazing
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:19 PM

I hope they keep the quality up throughout the whole series, JeanMcP. So many series start amazingly well and then just sort of fizzle out. Episode two is out so I'll watch it tomorrow.
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:30 PM

I have just finished it through on the TV and OMG

I actually screamed lol

The tension was ratcheted up nicely so when the horror scenes came, they were pretty scary

I got to see it on YouTube, who's streaming it ?
Tachyon

24-08-2020, 07:07 AM

Sky Atlantic and HBO are showing it. No details on other channels as yet.
JeanMcP
Ireland

24-08-2020, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Sky Atlantic and HBO are showing it. No details on other channels as yet.
Guess I will have to wait till all are screened then get a NowTV trial
Tachyon

24-08-2020, 08:50 PM

Not a bad plan, really. I dare say episodes will find their way to Youtube, too, like the first one you watched.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top