Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 03:44 PM

Back to Alexa & Syncing!

A year, or two, back I could make my Alexa Devices sysc so that I could wander round the house listening to an unbroken synchronised music.

Then a year or so, the BBC appeared to have pulled the plug on all that & the sync was gone.

Have only just got around to trying to get it going again.

First try - Play BBC radio 2 downstairs - produced a Welshman, speaking welsh.

Next tried different commands aimed at trying everything I could think of, then gave up.

Will it ever work again?

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:02 PM

Re: Back to Alexa & Syncing!

I put Pink Floyd on my cd player and have it loud enough to hear all over my bungalow! No stress, I don't even have to talk to it!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I put Pink Floyd on my cd player and have it loud enough to hear all over my bungalow! No stress, I don't even have to talk to it!
Ah but I have to mess with Technical things, get them going, abandon them & buy something else!

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:14 PM

Aah but you know how these boys like their toys, Tess.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:26 PM

It probably wouldn't be able to hear you anyway because the music is too loud.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Ah but I have to mess with Technical things, get them going, abandon them & buy something else!

I haven't any experience of Alexa Ted and can't help ..but I know what you mean about the challenge. In the technical field, things that work properly can be boring. Getting them working properly is the real pleasure.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:48 PM

The BBC (a pox on them) stopped supporting listening to their radio stations on Echo devices some time ago in favour of their own App which is used to listening to their stations on a mobile phone.

Can you play other types of music on your Everywhere Group? I have four Echo devices set up and can play songs/tunes from my music playlist to all four devices at once.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 01:23 AM

One of my kids gave me a Google Mini for Christmas. I left it plugged in for a couple of weeks and occasionally would ask it the time (though I could have looked at my wrist watch) but then it would suddenly speak up while I was watching TV so I unplugged it.

It has remained unplugged since. I don't miss it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top