Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:08 PM

Re: Is It Possible For Someone To Remove Their Emails And Texts They’ve Sent You?

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
There is no way for a sender to remove emails from the receivers device. If there is no content in an email that is still a technically valid email.

Reasons for missing email content may be (depending on the technical conditions):
- defect in your SD-Card in case your emails are stored there,

- some problem in the email server software of your email provider in case you do not download the emails to your phone and remove them from the email server

- some problem with the email software on your phone

Without knowing more details it is not possible to tell which reason is more likely.

Did you lose all email content from a specific person?
7779311, Ok... but why have their texts on my iphone gone too?
I didn’t delete them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:10 PM

Re: Is It Possible For Someone To Remove Their Emails And Texts They’ve Sent You?

Originally Posted by summer ->
Sounds very mysterious Art....have you ever allowed this person access to your computer or left your phone unattended in their company?
Summer, It does sound mysterious. No they have never been near me to access my phone or computer.

Could it have been done remotely?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2020, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Artangel, I sometimes get the "this email has no content" message on my iPad too, (it was there today) but only for a few seconds, and if I click on the email the content will be there, eventually! Our internet connection is pretty crap out here in the sticks so I always assumed it was because sometimes it takes a while to load. Also I reallllly need to delete a couple of thousand emails..!
It does seem weird that your content has completely disappeared.
Sometimes when the no content message appears the date shows something like 1970 which was slightly alarming the first time it happened, I thought I had been hacked

Sorry, haven't been much help
Thank You, Glanny.
I have clicked on the email and waited and waited but nothing appears, just the words ‘no content’.
These messages and texts are only about one year old.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie h 62 ->
Yes love people can remove them I screen shot whats been sent some times u think ur losing ur mind when one minute it's their and then gone
Jackie, It’s strange, isn’t it?
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, Glanny.
I have clicked on the email and waited and waited but nothing appears, just the words ‘no content’.
These messages and texts are only about one year old.

Ahhh! Right! I thought you meant these were recent/new emails. I have been trying to delete lots of old emails on my iPad and many of them say "..no content", I just assumed because they were so old it took forever to download and I couldn't be bothered waiting so I just deleted them. Sometimes the message also makes reference to not downloading from the server.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2020, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Ahhh! Right! I thought you meant these were recent/new emails. I have been trying to delete lots of old emails on my iPad and many of them say "..no content", I just assumed because they were so old it took forever to download and I couldn't be bothered waiting so I just deleted them. Sometimes the message also makes reference to not downloading from the server.
Yes, some state that.. ‘not downloading from the server’.

I have been deleting lots of emails to see it the ‘missing ones’ turn up.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Summer, It does sound mysterious. No they have never been near me to access my phone or computer.

Could it have been done remotely?

I think you have to authorise remote access to your computer but even if you did it wouldn't explain the missing text messages on your phone.....very mysterious

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top