Join for free
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 12:57 PM

TV Licence Renewal

I have received an email telling me that I need to renew my TC Licence by the end of August. I think that this is true but I am worried about responding to 'their' offer to take me through the whole procedure of paying.

How do I know that this is genuinely from the TC Licencing Authority?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 03:54 PM

Re: TV Licence Renewal

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I have received an email telling me that I need to renew my TC Licence by the end of August. I think that this is true but I am worried about responding to 'their' offer to take me through the whole procedure of paying.

I got my TV licence reminder through the post.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 03:57 PM

I wouldn't trust it Mr Magoo. Look at your existing TV license and check the expiry date then go on-line to the TV license renewal people at the address shown on your previous TV license. That way you can be absolutely sure you are NOT going to be ripped off by some ne'er-do-well or other.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 04:01 PM

Mr. Magoo, I had an email like this too.
But when I checked on my actual paper licence, the email had got my licence number completely wrong, and then I also remembered I pay direct debit anyway, so I knew it was a scam.
I also rang the number on the real licence to double check erything was alright, and it was.

I assume you have a copy of your paper licence? If so, look at the expiry date and licence number.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 04:16 PM

It is a scam, ignore & delete it. The TV license is posted to you. I had an email like that too, but as I have a free license I knew it was a scam.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 04:57 PM

How to spot a fake TV licence scam...

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ288

I pay my TV licence by direct debit,they never email me I just get a new licence through the post.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 05:13 PM

Thanks everyone. You are all right of course. The email address of the request in question turns out to be snowandice! The delete button is there for a reason.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top