Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 10:45 PM

Camera and battery true story

Some years ago now I took my manageress to a bird of prey centre to do a bit of photographing Raptors in flight shots. Between the morning flying display and the afternoon one there was a break for lunch. So my manageress and myself went into the little centres cafe for a bite to eat

On the table next to us this middle aged well dressed man and his wife sat down and he was absolutely fuming. Apparently his brand new Nikon camera he bought the day before didn't work.

So it went like this

Him to wife " I told you Nikon was rubbish I wanted a Cannon camera but you made me buy Nikon, damn thing don't work, a load of rubbish" The rant went on for a good few minutes attracting everyones attention.

His wife said nothing. My manageress lent over and asked if she could be of any help, although she had a Cannon camera but said I had Nikon which she sometimes used.

He " you will be damn lucky with that crap, here have look at it"

My managerss took the camera and said would he pass the battery over as well so she could try it out"

Yes you guessed it, the wife had the battery

Him to his wife " YOU NEVER TOLD ME I HAD TO PUT A BLOODY BATTERY IN IT"

So my manageress inserted the battery and of course the camera worked.

Everyone in the little cafe started to laugh and he stormed out towards his car with his wife trailing behind him. By this time everyone was on nodding terms with each other and made us smile for the rest of the afternoon
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 06:47 AM

Re: Camera and battery true story

Love it, Realspeed, thank you for starting my day with a smile!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Love it, Realspeed, thank you for starting my day with a smile!
It was one of those delightful moments you never forget, when you find out your not the only "numpty" (idiot) with a camera
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 11:04 AM

Nice one Realspeed, sometimes the most simplest things are overlooked.....More so with the advancing years....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 04:03 PM

Nice one Realspeed, it's good to know the numpty gene pool isn't quite empty yet.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top