Join for free
Page 28 of 33 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:46 PM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
A word in your lug .... if you're insisting I stick to the topic don't keep up the 'woe me, I is being bullied' dirge as all it does it lend me to believe I overestimated you.
We get it ... you and Priti are victims.
Keep your words to yourself, eh ....... but at least those words are more polite than of the recent past.
The hounding is familiar though .......... and I like Priti am no victim; look at what Priti is acheiving.
Reforming the civil service!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Patel does like to make the most of her positions:
Not for the first time has Patel's aberrant behaviour caused rules to be changed to prevent further abuse .....
Ah, so you're admitting that what she did was within the rules at that time?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Read the post above:
"We also sought to consider the role of the Civil Service in helping to prevent breaches of the Ministerial Code" (Page 3)
Rutnam did not do that.
At no time was Prtiti advised that her actions had been seen in any other light than acceptable until the complaint - by Rutnam, who himself said "the important thing is to try and prevent problems arising in the first place, rather than investigating them after they have surfaced” (Page 7)

There is your negligence.
And I am splitting nothing - this is on record from official sources.
It isn't my decision either.
Nor yours.
Nor is it the media's.
It is the responsibility of the person elected to govern and if you dislike it so much, vote him out next GE.
It didn't work very well in 2019 for those that were still desperate but you never know.
You know ... you could make Dr Shipman sound a misunderstood disadvantaged child who morphed from deprived to socially acceptable depravity ....
Or a 'no win, no fee' lawyer doggedly practising to win his first case.

I'll leave you to it as neither of us are adding anything new nor capable of meeting halfway on this, and the big clincher .... life is too short.
We can agree to disagree ... on our opinions, as that is all it is.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Ah, so you're admitting that what she did was within the rules at that time?
Read it again .... Omah said ... Not for the first time has Patel's aberrant behaviour caused rules to be changed to prevent further abuse ....

No wonder it's like trying to run up an escalator.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:54 PM

When this is all over I' think we'll soon see the back of Boris, he'll either be burnt out or ousted by those who twitch his strings.
BJ looks BO (Burnt-Out) now - he'll be a quivering blob by Spring if COVID-19 infections reach 3,000,000 and deaths 150,000 ......

Of course, there's always the possibility of a "silver bullet" ....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

22-11-2020, 05:56 PM

BJ looks BO (Burnt-Out) now - he'll be a quivering blob by Spring if COVID-19 infections reach 3,000,000 and deaths 150,000 ......

He hasn't looked the same since he had Covid ... makes you wonder if he hasn't got fully over it.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 05:59 PM

You know ... you could make Dr Shipman sound a misunderstood disadvantaged child who morphed from deprived to socially acceptable depravity ....
Or a 'no win, no fee' lawyer doggedly practising to win his first case.

I'll leave you to it as neither of us are adding anything new nor capable of meeting halfway on this, and the big clincher .... life is too short.
We can agree to disagree ... on our opinions, as that is all it is.
But what I posted there is an official report, not an opinion.
Other than that ..............
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 06:00 PM

Read it again .... Omah said ... Not for the first time has Patel's aberrant behaviour caused rules to be changed to prevent further abuse ....

I am aware of what Omah said.
And of what she neglected to say, which is that the actions taken by Patel were at the time within accepted rules.
No need to try and make more of it than that.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 06:03 PM

Another time was when Patel breached the Ministerial Code in 2017 with her unauthorised meetings in Israel - the Code, which BJ had rewritten (or, at least, approved) the year before had to be revised to prevent further Ministerial abuse.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 06:05 PM

So long as he takes us out the EU, if he then goes on to reform the HoL and the civil service you could see requests for him to be crowned king!

Page 28 of 33 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top