Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 02:47 PM

Re: Poor being attacked (yet again!!!)

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
There are lots of workers for highly profitable companies that receive wages that need topping up from public funds.
I am not talking about struggling businesses or start up industries but household names like the large supermarket chains.

The system is crazy when rents, council tax and wages are subsidised while the same multinational mega companies avoid tax (because they can) and still make massive profits.
Hi

Yes, parts of the system are mad, however we cannot fix that on our own, it needs International cooperation.

We could make a start however by making tax payable at the point of delivery of the goods, that would stuff the likes of Google, Apple and Amazon.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 04:27 PM

There are lots of workers for highly profitable companies that receive wages that need topping up from public funds.
I am not talking about struggling businesses or start up industries but household names like the large supermarket chains.

The system is crazy when rents, council tax and wages are subsidised while the same multinational mega companies avoid tax (because they can) and still make massive profits.
Too true, if they removed those top ups and actually did what they are supposed to and collected the tax owed it would solve many problems. A proper living wage would help too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 05:21 PM

What would you consider to be a proper living wage ?
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, parts of the system are mad, however we cannot fix that on our own, it needs International cooperation.

We could make a start however by making tax payable at the point of delivery of the goods, that would stuff the likes of Google, Apple and Amazon.
I work part time in my local Asda store, employed by a maintenance company,
The majority of the workers are on a part time basis, we could fix that.
There are overheads to running a business, Asda pay their rent in full, customer liability insurance in full, suppliers at the market rate, in full. Management a decent wage in full, but all the donkey work is on low pay with short hours, and subsidised by public money.

Their argument is they are efficient to lower costs for their customers, the same argument for zero hour employers .
The only thing that drives these employers is profit, their employees are a means to an end, they are just lube that oils the wheels of the money machine.

There is something very wrong with a system that puts investor dividends ahead of the worker's wages, and those wages being subsidised by the tax payer in benefits..........all fixable in the work place.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 08:00 PM

Swimfeeder not all those who do not work are scroungers.I know several honest people who , for no reason of their own making, are unable to work, Must they be punished because people like yourself believe they are scroungers and shouldnt get help? They are in a difficult position being blamed for asking for help, called scroungers,finding it very hard to claim any benefit
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Swimfeeder not all those who do not work are scroungers.I know several honest people who , for no reason of their own making, are unable to work, Must they be punished because people like yourself believe they are scroungers and shouldnt get help? They are in a difficult position being blamed for asking for help, called scroungers,finding it very hard to claim any benefit
And something many should remember is most of us aren't that far from having to claim ourselves. Just needs one thing to go wrong and you may never get work again. It could be any of us next. So blaming is really really silly IMO
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-08-2017, 08:41 PM

I work part time in my local Asda store, employed by a maintenance company,
The majority of the workers are on a part time basis, we could fix that.
There are overheads to running a business, Asda pay their rent in full, customer liability insurance in full, suppliers at the market rate, in full. Management a decent wage in full, but all the donkey work is on low pay with short hours, and subsidised by public money.

Their argument is they are efficient to lower costs for their customers, the same argument for zero hour employers .
The only thing that drives these employers is profit, their employees are a means to an end, they are just lube that oils the wheels of the money machine.

There is something very wrong with a system that puts investor dividends ahead of the worker's wages, and those wages being subsidised by the tax payer in benefits..........all fixable in the work place.
I agree bruv something very wrong indeed.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 08:54 PM

Think that any one who starts a business WANTS to make a profit.

Whats wrong with that?????
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Think that any one who starts a business WANTS to make a profit.

Whats wrong with that?????
Nothing wrong at all, where did I give that impression ???

When they exported people from Africa to work in the sugar plantations it was for profit, the sugar industry still makes profit today, but is more ethical these days.

The part you may have missed.......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Hi

deylon, I have posted many times that I believe that those who genuinely cannot work should be paid more and that I am willing to pay more tax to ensure that this happens.

My issue is simply with those who can work but who do not.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top