Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 12:47 PM

Looney Labour Popularity Plummeting

I don't particularly put much value in the various YOUGOV polls which only canvass a tiny handful of the voting electorate but since I know UJ loves these polls this one is worth highlighting.

YouGov have again polled the popularity of Corbyn, May and their respective parties. It shows that Corbyn's popularity since the election is now plummeting whilst May's is rising.
Even so, according to the poll Corbyn is still just ahead at this point.

"YouGov’s latest political favourability survey finds the proportion of Britons with a favourable view of the Labour leader has fallen from 46% in mid-June to 38% now, while those with an unfavourable view has risen from 46% to 51%.

This leaves the Labour leader’s net favourability rating at -13 (from +0 in June)."

"The Prime Minister’s ratings have improved slightly since June, with 31% now having a favourable view of her and 58% an unfavourable view (from 29% and 63% respectively the last time YouGov asked).

May’s net favourability rating stands at -27, up from -34 in the last poll."

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/08/17...r-theresa-may/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 12:56 PM

Re: Looney Labour Popularity Plummeting

I suspect that this underpins the epiphany that much the young electorate has had since the Loonies were forced to announce that eradication of student debt was only now an "ambition" rather than any sort of realistic promise. I should also think his increasing Marxist traits coming to the fore are playing a part. The ousting of party members which will gain more traction as the Momentum group push ahead with their purge of the centrist members.

Then of course there is the rather unsavoury Momentum group itself who allegedly engaged in all manner of underhand and despicable tactics during the election including making death threats, spitting at people, damaging opposition party member cars and intimidating their families as well as throwing bricks through windows and so on.

These are NOT the kind of people the majority of the populous want running our country. They will simply bring the country to its knees with civil unrest and mass rioting on a far larger scale than we have previously seen imo.

The sooner Looney Labour splits and re-establishes a more mainstream, less stupidly radical left wing and less militant party, the better. Labour's problem always has been, and remains, Corbyn and his reprehensible history and track record. It is simply untenable.

If the party steadfastly refuse to oust him then the populace (including long term Labour supporters) should refuse to vote for Labour in protest until they do.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 04:26 PM

Basically what this shows is that the electorate have had enough of all the lying, cheating, nest feathering, lickspittles of corporate finance who masquerade as "politicians" in our society. Under our current system, in the words of Berthold Brecht, "No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in!" - and no matter which of our current parties get in, the outcome is the same - a government enacting neo-liberal economic policies on behalf of the corporate rich.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-08-2017, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Basically what this shows is that the electorate have had enough of all the lying, cheating, nest feathering, lickspittles of corporate finance who masquerade as "politicians" in our society. Under our current system, in the words of Berthold Brecht, "No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in!" - and no matter which of our current parties get in, the outcome is the same - a government enacting neo-liberal economic policies on behalf of the corporate rich.
yup I concur
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I don't particularly put much value in the various YOUGOV polls which only canvass a tiny handful of the voting electorate but since I know UJ loves these polls this one is worth highlighting.

YouGov have again polled the popularity of Corbyn, May and their respective parties. It shows that Corbyn's popularity since the election is now plummeting whilst May's is rising.
Even so, according to the poll Corbyn is still just ahead at this point.

"YouGov’s latest political favourability survey finds the proportion of Britons with a favourable view of the Labour leader has fallen from 46% in mid-June to 38% now, while those with an unfavourable view has risen from 46% to 51%.

This leaves the Labour leader’s net favourability rating at -13 (from +0 in June)."

"The Prime Minister’s ratings have improved slightly since June, with 31% now having a favourable view of her and 58% an unfavourable view (from 29% and 63% respectively the last time YouGov asked).

May’s net favourability rating stands at -27, up from -34 in the last poll."

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/08/17...r-theresa-may/
Chart looks like people having group sex and the reactions after....

Just shows May is useless in bed...but she is religious.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 07:51 AM

I just can't make my mind up, the Devil, or the deep BLUE sea.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I just can't make my mind up, the Devil, or the deep BLUE sea.

Too late!!! - I'm already using the nick-name Lucifer!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by mickb ->
basically what this shows is that the electorate have had enough of all the lying, cheating, nest feathering, lickspittles of corporate finance who masquerade as "politicians" in our society. Under our current system, in the words of berthold brecht, "no matter who you vote for, the government always gets in!" - and no matter which of our current parties get in, the outcome is the same - a government enacting neo-liberal economic policies on behalf of the corporate rich.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->

Which very accurately describes the scumbag 'nasty party' to a 'T'!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top