Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 08:24 AM

A ukip policy disaster

One of the ukip leadership contenders has advocated a policy of paying £9000 per person for everyone with dual nationality to leave the uk. I seem to remember that a certain Adolph Hitler came up with a similar scheme in the early years of his dictatorship in relations to the jewish community. So can we now say that ukip is a neo-nazi party???

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...00-to-leave-uk
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Re: A ukip policy disaster

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So can we now say that ukip is a neo-nazi party???

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...00-to-leave-uk
Never been anything else in my opinion.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Never been anything else in my opinion.

Yes I agree matey, but others on here kept saying there was no evidence to support such accusations - now there is!!!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 07:36 PM

I have long thought UKIP to be the BNP in suits and this policy was a BNBP one a few elections ago. I think their offer was £7000 to leave.
The worry is, when it doesn't work do we get increasing intimidation to make them want to leave?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 07:40 PM

I rather wish UKIP and it's supporters would leave, preferably by jumping off Southend Pier!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 09:35 PM

I think it was John Reese-Evans...
a candidate to lead the UK Independence Party (UKIP), made a specific reference to Indians and Tanzanians in relation to a so-called "fast-track export- import scheme" of offering up to 9,000 pounds to certain Commonwealth migrants to leave the UK.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst
Why Tanzanians and Indians, I would have thought he might have said Pakistanis ? Odd people UKIP, I want to vote for individuals with a talent for politics, not neck-tattooed trolls with the intellect of a plastic toy, but they are not too far removed from the racism of the Labour Party.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 02:04 PM

Lots of Irish descent people are currently seeking dual nationality so that could be a really expensive policy.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:23 PM

I don't recall Hitler offering people money to leave Germany. I do remember the destinationsame he offered them, Belson and Auschwitz and the rest. Surely you're not comparing UKIP policies to that, are you Joe?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:35 PM

He is having one of his days' a little rant about everything until the medication kicks in.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 09:40 PM

I listened to this chap talking about it on the radio, the media got it completely wrong and accused him of being a racist quite erroneously IMO

He was talking about dual nationality people and people who could get into other countries being encouraged to better their lives by starting businesses in other countries. Sounded like something many might actually like if it was given a chance.

No worse than tebbit saying get on your bike. It might have worked for many people but it wasn't compulsory just help if people needed it.

He was saying he and his father had both done similar at various points and talking about how that really improved their lives, he wanted others to have the same chance.

I really think it's pathetic how some ideas are met by media and reported so badly.

I'm first to say if I believe someone is racist I can't stand them but this man wasn't coming over that way at all if you actually listened to him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top