Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:18 AM

Re: Is anyone bothering with the election?

It is valid to vote none.

http://www.votenone.org.uk/why-vote-none.html

3. Reveal the lack of support for those elected

When a single party forms a government, like the Conservatives now and Labour in 2005, they have the support of less than a quarter of registered voters. (See The 'Unheard Third'.)

It's a scandal. But because non-voters are invisible, the scandal is invisible. Next time, make the scandal visible.

If just some of the Unheard Third vote NONE, the protest for change can be the largest ever in UK history, and show the low support for those elected.

If you want that, vote NONE.

Like all votes in a democracy, there need to be large numbers. So encourage others too.

4. Establish democratic protest as a healthy part of UK elections
Without the option to vote NONE, an election only allows voters to say 'yes' to what is on offer. It's why many people are silent.

Democracy was achieved through protest. It's a vital tradition that brought much of what we value in the world today. So it's time to use our democracy to protest positively for a better politics in the UK, and establish the option to vote NONE as a natural part of UK elections. See Protest Votes Count.

What if NONE wins in some constituencies?
NONE hasn't won in the UK, but it has in other countries in smaller elections, see 'None of the Above'.

If NONE wins, it should require a new election with all new candidates. However…

NONE doesn't need to 'win' to be successful.
Success is:
● showing the lack of support for what is offered, and
● proving there is a demand for better politics.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:22 AM

Annie im feeling the same . I just do not like these people , i do not trust any of them and i dont even know if i am going to vote or even spoil my ballot paper . If its raining i wont bothet to go out and get wet and cold for any of them

How and why should we/I vote when its all a load of BS
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Annie im feeling the same . I just do not like these people , i do not trust any of them and i dont even know if i am going to vote or even spoil my ballot paper . If its raining i wont bothet to go out and get wet and cold for any of them

Emily Davison died in vain then?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am voting, we have an 18 year girl standing as an Independent

I am voting for her as neither Boris or Corbyn is for me and we have no Brexit Candidate here.
86-year old Heseltine is the ultimate antithesis of an 18-year old headstrong student who thinks she knows the answer to the world's problems. She's barely begun life and almost certainly has very little historical knowledge of this nation.

No I wouldn't vote for her I'm afraid, Swimmy. She sounds like yet another wannabe who just wants her name in lights.
Remember William Hague with that Godawful speech he did at 16. was it? Oh dear me.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

The weather could put a lot of people off.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/uk...forecast/60359
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was wondering whether I am the only one who is totally underwhelmed with the election. I don't think there is any choice. They all seem to be trying to outdo each other with ridiculously extravagant promises. This is despite all being caught out being disingenuous in the past.

Is it just me or is this a complete farce?
I very much doubt you are the only one AnnieS, it's just a complete pantomime to the average voter, I am so sick to death almost of it all that I just don't bother with politics any more. Perhaps this is the aim of the parties involved with their usual promises of what they are going to do? Let's correct that first as it's what they 'say' they are going to do but more often do not. Make election mandates have a legal obligation, with consequences if not acted upon if elected, then we might see some changes is how I now feel about elections. That goes for politics generally with me now.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The weather could put a lot of people off.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/uk...forecast/60359
You don't really need to put a link up about the weather in three weeks' time, Cinderella. It's winter. It's expected isn't it?
Besides, I think I can manage a walk to the top of my street.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

26-11-2019, 11:32 AM

A mile walk for us, not pleasant in wet weather.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 11:35 AM

Im with Cinderella on this!
I think if all dissatisfied or disenfranchised voters like myself voted
NONE then if we had sufficient numbers it would cause the so
called authorities to take stock or even cause a rerun of the election
with the resultant embarrasment?
Apparently you have to follow the correct proceedure for your none
vote to be counted? There is a web site to explain how to do this.
I plan to vote NONE this time and l am encouraging all my
disillusioned freinds to do the same!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A mile walk for us, not pleasant in wet weather.
If you are mobile cinders dont think twice!
You must use your chance to speak not waste it!
Regards Donkeyman!

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top