Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:58 PM

Re: WASPI and Voting

Gordon Brown sold off pensions 3 times (plus our gold reserves) but everyone seems to forget that...
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 10:39 PM

I've been a staunch Tory voter all my voting life, true and blue...........until now! Frankly there didn't seem much to choose between them - all weak, "little" people, too much mouth and too little get-up-and-go. But as the weeks have passed and I've delved deeper I've acquired a huge dislike - hatred even - for the liar Boris. I honestly believe this is someone who has no conscience and has no real concept of the truth! He appears unable to give a direct answer to a direct question and as time has gone by I've come to the conclusion that he genuinely believes he is NOT a member of the public but of some higher stature who enjoys and expects a better way of life and who truly believe the so-called lower classes are of little or no concern. He is a pathological liar, a buffoon and has some very nasty foreign friends. He has already started chipping away at various bits of the NHS and will continue to do so. "There is nothing that will NOT be on the table"....ooops.....Trump spilled the beans there........ It is a dead cert that the NHS will go - not wholesale, but in bits.....with licences to supply drugs at super-duper prices, buying NHS premises only to rent them back again at exhorbitant prices etc etc. Kiss goodbye to the NHS if you vote Conservative!
As I said - I've never voted Labour, but I MUST vote for a candidate who will represent the needs of the people - and our current conservative MP - the Lesser Spotted Seely - is absolute rubbish.....he voted to cut council spending on public services by 56%........AND under the FOI Act I obtained information showing the council hold billions in a council pension pot!!! What are they doing??? The ONLY candidate here who will represent the needs of the local people is Labour and the ONLY party leader who seems capable of answering questions in a straightforward, direct manner, without buffooning, muttering, stuttering and generally behaving like some egotistical Eton schoolboy on crack, is Jeremy Corbyn. I've got to admit that if there was a stronger, more intelligent and generally better presented, candidate - who could also offer everything JC is putting on the table...........I'd vote for them. BUT in THIS election, there is ONLY ONE CANDIDATE! As an afterthought, I'll add that labour are the ONLY party to offer ANYTHING to WASPI's - which is typical of a Boris-led so-called-superior-the-working-class-don't-matter party. So if anyone has any doubts: BORIS THE LIAR - OUT OUT OUT!!!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:23 PM

Hilarious!!!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Hilarious!!!
Very descriptive. Typical Scot?
Ray Cathode
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:29 PM

Not really, staunch Tory Scot, just not hysterical.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:31 PM

Whilst I appreciate and have participated in some of the foregoing discussions, I would sincerely appreciate a return to my original post .....

Are you (or your partner, if you are a male) affected by the change in retirement age?

If so, has Labour's pledge to reimburse the WASPI women affected the way you intend to vote on Thursday
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Gordon Brown sold off pensions 3 times (plus our gold reserves) but everyone seems to forget that...
Brown didn't "sell off" (real) pensions, what he did was to scrap the dividend tax relief which had the effect of a raid on private pension fund investments dividends.

As for the sale of Gold reserves, that was utterly amazing. Totally incompetent in its execution let alone bloody incomprehensible when it came to justification.

Blair certainly is now widely accepted as being the very worst PM this country has had, setting a low far exceeding that previously established by "Norman John Worthington" (check it out) and Brown matched Blair by being the worst Chancellor of the Exchequer - ever.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Whilst I appreciate and have participated in some of the foregoing discussions, I would sincerely appreciate a return to my original post .....

Are you (or your partner, if you are a male) affected by the change in retirement age?

If so, has Labour's pledge to reimburse the WASPI women affected the way you intend to vote on Thursday
I asked my wife her thoughts, should is after all affected by this.

Let's just say that she replied in the negative.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->

If so, has Labour's pledge to reimburse the WASPI women affected the way you intend to vote on Thursday?
I'd only be interested in voting labour if they promised to bring women's retirement age back to 60 as it once was. They aren't. So I won't.
Ray Cathode

09-12-2019, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd only be interested in voting labour if they promised to bring women's retirement age back to 60 as it once was. They aren't. So I won't.

What if, as has been suggested, they equalised men and women at 63?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top