Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 05:10 PM

Re: New Scottish Poll shows Majority want Independence.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I will pop up my head (complete with prettily decorated flower covered helmet) above the trench and state that I personally think it would be economic suicide for Scotland to become independent.

Oy! stop firing those rifles at me Scotsmen and women, all I am saying is that you may well (rightly so) dream of being a wealthy independent nation once again, after all, who better than us to know that same feeling after almost 5 agonising years, but you have so much going against you.

For starters,Just on fishing alone.

Yes, you may well have 60% of the richest fishing waters in the UK, and yes, you may well believe that by rejoining the EU you genuinely believe it will give you the power to take a driving role in reform of the CFP, as well as a desire in negotiating annual fishing opportunities within the CFP.

I'm afraid you would be sadly disappointed. As we know to our cost, NO-ONE tells the EU what is what when it comes to anything and everything, never mind fishing quota allocation. Once you are in, you and what is yours no longer belong to you as much as you believe it is. You will abide by THEIR rules, and that includes fishing quotas.

As Private James Frazer from Dad's Army would say...

We're Dooooooomed!
Not all Scots want to rejoin the EU, a lot of mind changing discussions in the air. The EU is now showing it's true colours and it's not gone unnoticed here.
A lot of us voted to leave, myself included.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Not all Scots want to rejoin the EU, a lot of mind changing discussions in the air. The EU is now showing it's true colours and it's not gone unnoticed here.
A lot of us voted to leave, myself included.

Good for you Roxy x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 08:52 PM

Why do we always fall for the sucker punch delivered by the media....We should all be sticking together, both against covid and especially the EU.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why do we always fall for the sucker punch delivered by the media....We should all be sticking together, both against covid and especially the EU.....
That's tricky Foxy, since money has become no object.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That's tricky Foxy, since money has become no object.
Yes, I think that, instead of whinging about Free education & Free prescriptions, in Scotland, we might wonder why we cannot have some of the same.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 12:20 PM

Ooerr! now there's a thought. Let's get out of the EU first and then let the English make a demand for independence from the rest of the Union!! Let them all go their own way.
I'm personally sick of Westminster (England) being portrayed as the wicked Sheriff of Nottingham by Nicola when ever she causes havoc with the Scottish economy but it is always down to the SNP good governance in the very rare times its ever good news.

Flippin heck, per person we would be floating in cash and perks in England if ever that came about. Free prescriptions for us for a change as well as the Scottish and Welsh. Access for us to the City and Financial hub of the world at our fingertips, Strictly only English MPs in our English House of Parliament. Yep, let all of the Union go their own way and put manned borders up.

Sigh! if only....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I wish there was a referendum held in England on independence for Scotland and. I suspect the majority would vote in favour.. I CERTAINLY would. A total hard cold independence with a hard physical border in place.
Hadrian's wall is still there just might need a few additions.

SNP are no being totally honest with the electorate.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Yes, I think that, instead of whinging about Free education & Free prescriptions, in Scotland, we might wonder why we cannot have some of the same.
Scotland is not having to fund millions of immigrants or the lost jobs and lost taxes because of illegals working in the black economy.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 02:28 PM

I think that it's a family thing!

And we tend to do as Families do!

There are the English, Scottish, Welsh & Irish offspring.

We scream & shout at each other, support different teams, take widely differing views on all sorts of things, and have even gone to war with some, in the not so distant past.

However, like many a good family, we stand together against the real nasties of the world.

Maybe it's all down to many of us having bits of each Country in our pedigree?

I, certainly, had Scottish Mother, an Irish Wife & her family, and English Father.

We're a bit of all four - and it shows.

The British are fine, in my opinion, but our MPs (Management) don't seem to know how to work through that.

Amac
North East of Scotland
Amac is male  Amac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think that it's a family thing!

And we tend to do as Families do!

There are the English, Scottish, Welsh & Irish offspring.

We scream & shout at each other, support different teams, take widely differing views on all sorts of things, and have even gone to war with some, in the not so distant past.

However, like many a good family, we stand together against the real nasties of the world.

Maybe it's all down to many of us having bits of each Country in our pedigree?

I, certainly, had Scottish Mother, an Irish Wife & her family, and English Father.

We're a bit of all four - and it shows.

The British are fine, in my opinion, but our MPs (Management) don't seem to know how to work through that.

Exactly the kind of thinking we need to preserve these islands as one United Kingdom. Let’s hope enough people throughout the UK share your sentiments Tedc

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top