Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 11:53 AM

Re: America

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There are no such things as 'Friends' in politics Bruce...
And history is no indicator of the future, either.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Absolutely Annie. That' how I see it. It has the very best and worst of everything imaginable. I like to think that it's too big to fail. Since it's amazing beginning as a modern nation (1776) it has withstood some catastrophies that would have brought a lesser nation to it's knees - permanently. But it has given us things that nobody else has. It gave us the motor car, the electric light, sound recording, powered flight, jazz and rock and roll..all the splendour of Hollywood..Great authors, playwrights, academics, musicians, artists and revolutionary thinkers.Hell they even gave us the moon! I have lived there and experienced some of the greatness of the USA. And a little horror as well. The former, I must add, greatly outweighed the latter. I for one, want to help preserve that.

I just love The USof A and sad I will probably not go again.
Love every single thing about it .
Smile
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->

I just love The USof A and sad I will probably not go again.
Love every single thing about it .
Smile
Me too Apricot. I was in New York this time last year and can't wait to go back there again. I have a lot of friends and colleagues in the USA and we get on like a house on fire.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 01:15 PM

A great many people don't have a good thing to say about the USA.

I am one of them.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 01:20 PM

I'm on the fence.
There is some good and some bad just like many so-called "developed" nations but overall there is far more "bad" than I would like.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Me too Apricot. I was in New York this time last year and can't wait to go back there again. I have a lot of friends and colleagues in the USA and we get on like a house on fire.
Yeh, we loved New York as well, Mrs Fox has been three times, but I went once after she bulled it up so much, and I loved it...
She always wanted me to go, but due to work constraints I could't, so she went on a couple of shopping trips with her friends instead.
I surprised her though when we both retired in 2010 (both sixtieth birthdays also) I booked a passage on the Queen Mary II to do the trans Atlantic trip over six days with a three night stop in New York.
Something I will never forget.....

We also visited Florida for two weeks when our daughter was young. Disneyworld and a week down in Miami to visit the Everglades and Florida Keys. I've always found the Americans to be very well mannered and helpful. Especially tolerant, easy going and humorous in New York. I won't forget their breakfasts in a hurry....Yum Yum!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 09:48 PM

There are no such things as 'Friends' in politics Bruce...
As the UK has constantly demonstrated since 1939. Other nations think there are alliances worth preserving.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:11 PM

We went to the American west coast 12 years ago. San Francisco was okay but I have had no wish to go back to America again.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
As the UK has constantly demonstrated since 1939. Other nations think there are alliances worth preserving.
Unfortunately Bruce I have very little insight, interest, or control in my governments decisions.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:52 PM

Unfortunately Bruce I have very little insight, interest, or control in my governments decisions.....
I know, that is why I wrote "UK" rather than "You".

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top