Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 11:01 PM

Re: America

International travel was always a timebomb, never realised the lack of it would impact on my tiny backwater.

This is nothing to do with colonic Irrigation.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 11:24 PM

I'm always reluctant to direct criticism of other countries directly to one of it's people. As OGF says an individual alone is not responsible for his/her government's decisions. Even if they voted for them. There is no other country on earth other than my own that I am more familiar with than I am of the USA. I have been there a number of times; I have lived there twice; I have family there and some of my ancestors are from there. I am not quite "half American" but it's definitely in me. Unlike Art I have endless good things to say about the USA..and Canada. But I'll just say that I always believe that the good will outweigh the bad. Joe Biden reminds me a lot of Eisenhower although they are from different sides of American politics He is a good and decent man who I believe will lead the USA to a better place than they are now. He is far from being a "snowflake" as somebody here - no names mentioned - so disrespectfully labelled him. (What the hell does that word mean anyway?) If anybody is a snowflake it is the lying, gutless, unhinged sissy they've just got rid of.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I know, that is why I wrote "UK" rather than "You".
I've no doubt the same applies almost universally.
One "positive" though is the UK's stance towards China regarding Hong Kong from this administration.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'm always reluctant to direct criticism of other countries directly to one of it's people.
If anybody is a snowflake it is the lying, gutless, unhinged sissy they've just got rid of.
Oops!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
me too apricot. I was in new york this time last year and can't wait to go back there again. I have a lot of friends and colleagues in the usa and we get on like a house on fire.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top