Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 07:43 PM

Re: It occurred to me, while I was cutting my toe nails.

Jem, you mean to say I shouldn't be using my serrated bread knife to cut my toe nails? Hmm...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Jem - 'HOW' would one use such 'scary' clippers, they look absolutely lethal....EEK !!
Have you thought of capturing your wonderful feet on camera and 'framing' them......Then - the missus could view them anytime....
Pats, I thought you were going to say Jem could post the photo on here for us all to see his wonderful feet!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Pats, I thought you were going to say Jem could post the photo on here for us all to see his wonderful feet!
Giggle......Mags - great idea - but should come with a 'warning' first, for those with a feet phobia.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Giggle......Mags - great idea - but should come with a 'warning' first, for those with a feet phobia.....
Is there really a feet phobia, Pats? I've never heard of it before
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Is there really a feet phobia, Pats? I've never heard of it before
There is Mags - to be sure... maybe not officially, but i have known a few people who cannot stand the sight of feet! Its probably not 'Footophobia' though.....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 09:40 PM

They might look scary Pats, but most precision tools do, they are quite safe once you are careful, and very effective I find. after I clip them I use a small needle file to smooth them off.

I suppose there are those who have a fear of feet but I reckon there is a greater love of them, did not Mary Magdalene worship the feet of Jesus and dry them after a wash with her hair, my little dog Rocky will pull the slippers and socks off me when I get home and sit down, he gets at my feet and cuddles up. To have trouble free feet is the ramblers dream, the dancers delight, and the footballers bread and butter. I was thinking of cremation when I pass on but what a shame to cremate such wonderful servants. I shall have the legs removed first from the knees down, stuffed and mounted on a Connemara Marble stand and placed in the hall beside the umbrella and coat rack for all to admire on the way in and out of the house, "There goes Jems feet, he never neglected them in his life, now he honours them in death." wife permitting of course. Fat chance says I.

Now hands are a different kettle of fish altogether, I have a sort of phobia about certain hands, hands feature in many horror tales and they are more effective at scaring folks than poor innocent feet are, "The Horror Hand" "Hands of the Ripper" "Beast with Five Fingers" etc., and although I am immune to most horror films, some hands in real life scare the hell outa me to be honest. All the older actresses you see who had face lifts and surgery done to make them look younger, and I don't blame them for one minute, after all it's their living, really let themselves down when it comes to their hands, can't they do hand lifts?.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
They might look scary Pats, but most precision tools do, they are quite safe once you are careful, and very effective I find. after I clip them I use a small needle file to smooth them off.

I suppose there are those who have a fear of feet but I reckon there is a greater love of them, did not Mary Magdalene worship the feet of Jesus and dry them after a wash with her hair, my little dog Rocky will pull the slippers and socks off me when I get home and sit down, he gets at my feet and cuddles up. To have trouble free feet is the ramblers dream, the dancers delight, and the footballers bread and butter. I was thinking of cremation when I pass on but what a shame to cremate such wonderful servants. I shall have the legs removed first from the knees down, stuffed and mounted on a Connemara Marble stand and placed in the hall beside the umbrella and coat rack for all to admire on the way in and out of the house, "There goes Jems feet, he never neglected them in his life, now he honours them in death." wife permitting of course. Fat chance says I.

Now hands are a different kettle of fish altogether, I have a sort of phobia about certain hands, hands feature in many horror tales and they are more effective at scaring folks than poor innocent feet are, "The Horror Hand" "Hands of the Ripper" "Beast with Five Fingers" etc., and although I am immune to most horror films, some hands in real life scare the hell outa me to be honest. All the older actresses you see who had face lifts and surgery done to make them look younger, and I don't blame them for one minute, after all it's their living, really let themselves down when it comes to their hands, can't they do hand lifts?.
Jem - I'm fit to burst with laughter... I think a better idea regarding your exceptional feet, would be to have them cast in bronze, that way, your dear wife could have them on display in a glass cabinet or indeed on the mantel - You're gonna need them feet in the afterlife Jem.
As for cosmetic procedures - yes, a lot of celebs are having 'feet' surgery to improve the look of their feet. Did you not know Jem, that 'every' part of the body can now be improved.... Even the voice box, to give a 'younger' voice..
Pats
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 01:40 PM

Really? I had never heard of that.

I've grown to like my raspy smokers voice, I think it suits my strong Doric accent.

There are a few people I know who would sound like they were in a helium chamber if their voices sounded any "younger" though
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Tell You This Too.....It's not so easy Hopping in and out the Bath either these Days. I had my Bath (in my home) replaced with a nice big Shower as I found it so painful using a Bath when my Knees were Bad.
I still have a Soak at My Laird's House BUT only if he's in the House as I'm likely to get stuck....Thankyou Knees lol.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

16-01-2013, 05:28 PM

I haven't reached that stage yet Roxy, thank you for making me feel better

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top