Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 12:29 PM

Re: Distraction

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Because I use Gmail for my emails I'm constantly logged in to one or another, and as a consequence Google - in all it's omnipresent wisdom - logs all my internet searches and then displays adverts (on whatever site I happen to be on) to suit. I hate this - as do many others. The adverts I see on this forum can be anything I have searched for or even discussed, which I find absolutely unsettling. Creepy Google.

That happens to me too Mark, even though I don't use Gmail. I was looking at some specific clocks for someone the other day, and when I logged in here - there were the exact clocks I'd been looking at, bobbing along the top of the page.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I was looking at some specific clocks for someone the other day, and when I logged in here - there were the exact clocks I'd been looking at, bobbing along the top of the page.
Our online behavior is 'tracked'. ISPs, websites, and advertising networks all have ways of tracking your online behavior, they track you by cookies to provide targeted advertising, classify you into a demographic group, and resell information about you to other companies.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 04:37 PM

I must be missing out on something 'cos I never get any gorgeous hulks bobbing about on my screen, just ads for Hungarian hotels in towns I've never heard of, or airlines offering package deals which I can't afford.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
I must be missing out on something 'cos I never get any gorgeous hulks bobbing about on my screen, just ads for Hungarian hotels in towns I've never heard of, or airlines offering package deals which I can't afford.
Same here re the 'hunks' ... I def would have noticed them
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Same here re the 'hunks' ... I def would have noticed them
Bastards.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Our online behavior is 'tracked'. ISPs, websites, and advertising networks all have ways of tracking your online behavior, they track you by cookies to provide targeted advertising, classify you into a demographic group, and resell information about you to other companies.

Scary stuff Pats. It still happens even though I remove all cookies every day.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I hope they find what I am doing more interesting than I do !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top