Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Re: Bit of a Bu...er

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I was reading only two days ago that Lionel Messi gets 85,000 million euros a season, plus another almost 30 million euros in promotions, appearances etc. So presumably others get similar or more. Obscene sums, in my opinion, for kicking a ball up and down a pitch.

Ermmm Who's he Loretta - never heard of him (I'm not a sport fanatic as you might have guessed).
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ermmm Who's he Loretta - never heard of him (I'm not a sport fanatic as you might have guessed).
Iīm no sports fanatic either but I know some names. I donīt know who plays for who but I think Messi plays for Argentina, although I think he lives in Spain. I got the figures from an article I read a couple of days ago re Messi owing 4. something million in tax here in Spain. I think the sums paid to footballers, and no doubt other sports people etc, are obscene. How on earth can kicking a ball about warrant such sums of money?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 08:14 PM

I quite like to watch snooker, not that I'm looking at them bending provocatively across the tables or anything...
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 10:55 PM

Talking snooker I was parked next to Jimmy White in his white Bentley on Friday. His car plate was CUE BOY which I expect cost as much as the car.
Still another fortune maker who I believe blew most of it.
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

23-06-2014, 01:22 AM

I used to enjoy pot Black years ago when the ABC ran it - all that green felt and clicking balls and the whispering voice - such a restful program! I do follow Ed Sullivan but he had a bit of a disappointment here.

DRAW

Mark Selby conquered the Crucible for the first time by beating Ronnie O'Sullivan 18-14 in the final of the Dafabet World Championship.

Selby produced an astonishing fight-back to win 13 of the last 17 frames and inflict O'Sullivan's first world final defeat on the five time champion.

O'Sullivan was looking for a third consecutive crown and appeared to be cruising when he led 8-3 and 10-5 on Sunday. But Selby rallied to 10-7 overnight then won five of the six frames in the third session as O'Sullivan, uncharacteristically, crumbed under the intense pressure.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Isadore ->
I used to enjoy pot Black years ago when the ABC ran it - all that green felt and clicking balls and the whispering voice - such a restful program! I do follow Ed Sullivan but he had a bit of a disappointment here.

DRAW

Mark Selby conquered the Crucible for the first time by beating Ronnie O'Sullivan 18-14 in the final of the Dafabet World Championship.

Selby produced an astonishing fight-back to win 13 of the last 17 frames and inflict O'Sullivan's first world final defeat on the five time champion.

O'Sullivan was looking for a third consecutive crown and appeared to be cruising when he led 8-3 and 10-5 on Sunday. But Selby rallied to 10-7 overnight then won five of the six frames in the third session as O'Sullivan, uncharacteristically, crumbed under the intense pressure.

I watched that match 'live' darlin' - yes it was a thrilling match!!!
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

25-06-2014, 01:53 AM

Now that I have worked out that the first page is the last on these threads I can reply properly - you are so lucky!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 03:07 AM

I see the England game had a bit of bite to it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I see the England game had a bit of bite to it.
That would be the Italy / Uruguay game Bruce. Chewy has form.

England game was toothless, and will remain so untill changes are made.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top