Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:15 PM

My American style, frost-free, fridge-freezer

Well, the bottom drawer in the freezer has been stuck, iced in, for probably over a year; could be longer than that but not a huge problem. It's not a full size drawer, because the ? motor ? is housed behind it and I haven't needed to use it.

For reasons I have yet to fathom, the boyfriend (no names mentioned) suddenly decides to sort it out !

Erm ... OK ... nice idea so let's discuss how to tackle it ...

Emptying the freezer and defrosting in some way would likely be the best way to go, or even looking at the manual might be sensible. Failing that, we could always google.

Good ... not too much in the freezer and the stuff will fit in the fridge so shall we use a hair dryer, bowls of hot water, de-icing spray ? ........ nah

There's only 20 mins before ? 'Penguins of Madagascar' ? and 'Kung Fu Panda' (his favourites) speed is of the essence !!!

Now, this guy DOES actually possess a brain, but freely admits to having a 'gung-ho' attitude and he rarely thinks anything through.

So ... before I can stop him, he's at it with a hammer and chisel !!!!!!!!!

The brute force works and the drawer comes loose surprisingly quickly ... BUT, dearest one, ... why is the chisel sticking out like that ?

Yep .... it's gone through the back of the freezer casing ...

Not to worry ... he fills the hole with bathroom/shower sealant, smoothes it over and says it won't notice and off he goes to watch telly.

Is this really going to work ? or will it impact on the temperature ?

In other words ... 'is it ****** ?'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:19 PM

Re: My American style, frost-free, fridge-freezer

I think it is 'bleeped'
Thought it was 'frost free' ............
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:20 PM

yes ... it is and I've no idea how the bottom drawer had ice in it
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Ooooer
Mind you - we have some strange goings on 'ere - theres definitely a spook here, mischievous it is
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:31 PM

Oh Rachel
I know what I would be doing with the hammer and chisel
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:34 PM

Hi Rachel. Make sure the door is sealing properly ie is the door airtight when closed? Oh and it sounds rather like the boyfriend is ****** too! Kung Foo Panda his favourite movie ? Really?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-06-2014, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Hi Rachel. Make sure the door is sealing properly ie is the door airtight when closed? Oh and it sounds rather like the boyfriend is ****** too! Kung Foo Panda his favourite movie ? Really?
That's true - could have been yer door that messed it up in the first place, causing the ice .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-06-2014, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh Rachel
I know what I would be doing with the hammer and chisel
Made me laugh
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:39 PM

Yikes!! Whatever will that man do next?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-06-2014, 05:47 PM

Thank you all for the advice ... and the concern ~ the temperature is back to -18, so that would seem to indicate that things are OK ... but will dangerous chemicals (or whatever they are) now be leaking into the food

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top