Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 03:25 PM

Re: Tempers frayed

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
He may have been lonely. Many are missing human contact and the only opportunity they can chat is at the supermarket checkout.
Indeed ..... but life stories should be reserved for when the supermarket is queueless (as it was just now when I visited it again), not when people are waiting, inside and out.
rcs60h
Bedfordshire, UK
rcs60h is male  rcs60h has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 03:58 PM

I have seen the one way systems marked out in the supermarkets but what is the point ? Everyone shops at a different pace and in different ways so almost straight away the following person is going to be within the social distancing space and will not want to wait when what they need is at the far end of the aisle, so they will go past to reach the location of their item needs.
So the passing space is exactly the same whether it is a one way aisle or a two way aisle, which will enable shoppers to get their items quick and out of the shop quicker and so let in those queuing up outside.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by rcs60h ->
I have seen the one way systems marked out in the supermarkets but what is the point ? Everyone shops at a different pace and in different ways so almost straight away the following person is going to be within the social distancing space and will not want to wait when what they need is at the far end of the aisle, so they will go past to reach the location of their item needs.
So the passing space is exactly the same whether it is a one way aisle or a two way aisle, which will enable shoppers to get their items quick and out of the shop quicker and so let in those queuing up outside.
Exactly right. What pees me off is the number of order pickers still around blocking the aisles and sometimes just standing there chatting to one another.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 04:09 PM

I don’t think supermarket staff are really appreciated, they work in close proximity to hundreds of customers each day… often to close due to idiots who have no concern about distancing or threat of contamination to staff members.

I wonder how many worry about infection, serving so many customers each day, with only the basic PPE to protect against the asymptomatic customers they know they’ll be in contact with.

Then there is the frustration of both customer and worker, which can lead to all forms of confrontation….with all parties thinking the other is wrong.

Yes diplomacy, turn the other cheek, remembering the customer is always right, even when they are wrong……….

Diplomacy should be two ways….. But in these hard times for frustrated customers, perhaps we should think about these shop workers, and the risk they are putting themselves in, and perhaps us the customers should give them the benefit of doubt when they are wrong.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 04:28 PM

We need lots of signs like this everywhere (from New Zealand)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	kind2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	12479   Click image for larger version

Name:	kind3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	12480  
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If we all had an app on our phones that beeped when we came within 1.5 meter of others, preventing we could come too close, we wouldn't need that app that afterwards informs us if we've been in the vicinity of a corona patient.
1.5 meters is our social distancing, you use 2 meters.
Do you mean that people nowadays cant judge 2 metres distance
or maybe they cant remember the rules Solly?
Could this mental lack be caused by the internet?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 05:45 PM

Chatting to the staff at our local Home bargains store they told me they were all tired and had at times had abuse I thanked them for all they do . I also wrote a complimentary email to head office naming the local store and said how polite and helpful the staff are . I hope it gets back to them .

So unnecessary to be rude
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Do you mean that people nowadays cant judge 2 metres distance
or maybe they cant remember the rules Solly?
Could this mental lack be caused by the internet?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I'm questioning the use of the government's tracking app. It tells you afterwards, if you have been in too close proximity of someone who had covid at that time. I think it is better to make sure everybody keeps the correct distance. If an app helps you to maintain that distance, it is more effective than the governments app that sends a notice days after you have been in contact.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

frontline staff are most at risk, i can quite understand their frustration with idiots as they have to go home to their families.

They are very worried and we should respect that.

These are not normal times, we rely on them, if they all self isolated we would starve to death.

I always socially distance and say thank you to the supermarket checkout ladies.

I also keep clear of the supermarket pickers and say thank you to them.

They are on minimal wages and deserve to be respected and be thanked.

We rely on them and they are always very happy when we say thank you.

They have to deal with absolute prats who do not socially distance and put them at risk.

I think they do a great job.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed ..... but life stories should be reserved for when the supermarket is queueless (as it was just now when I visited it again), not when people are waiting, inside and out.

I agree. I don't mind people having a quick chat while they are packing their bags but they should not hold people up.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top