Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:12 PM

Re: Barnier threatensnto walk out???

Originally Posted by Arena ->
'ultracrepidarian': one who consistently offers opinions and advice on subjects way beyond their understanding.
Did'nt you post this on another thread earlier arena??
Also with no explanation, just the definition!
Weird?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Quite right. There's Mercedes, VW Group and BMW in Germany, the French car, wine and cheese makers, etc, Dutch, Belgian, German, French, Spanish, and now Irish, trawler men, Italian car makers, food producers, Irish food producers, Spanish food producers - I could go on - all shouting for a deal and, yet, Barnier is still not prepared to negotiate a meaningful trade deal.

It's no wonder Canada and Mercosur have back-tracked from the deals they were making with the EU. It's also no wonder that the EU has failed to negotiate one single ratifiable trade deal in all its existence.

It's time for M. Barnier to say, "Au revoir, Messieurs" and leave the negotiating arena. Frosty can switch the lights off.
There was a nice article in the daily telegraph today as well
Percy? Well l thought it was good anyway, but remainers wont
like it much!!

Donkeyman! 😇
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
There was a nice article in the daily telegraph today as well
Percy? Well l thought it was good anyway, but remainers wont
like it much!!

Donkeyman! 😇
I can't read much of the Torygraph's articles because they're "greyed" out.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:31 PM

Ofcourse, the other problem for Barnier is that if we leave the Withdrawal Agreement without a deal now, then it will be a lot more difficult for him to make a deal afterwards. By then, it will become clear that the doom and gloom predicted by him and the remain campaign were all lies, just like they were after the 2016 referendum result, when it was predicted that unemployment would rise, the economy would crash, our currency nose-dive, the banks moving out etc etc. Basically, all the things that happened in the EU, ironically

Watch the feathers fly in the 27 if that happens, it will prove that the EU Project is a big fat lie once and for all.
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Ofcourse, the other problem for Barnier is that if we leave the Withdrawal Agreement without a deal now, then it will be a lot more difficult for him to make a deal afterwards. By then, it will become clear that the doom and gloom predicted by him and the remain campaign were all lies, just like they were after the 2016 referendum result, when it was predicted that unemployment would rise, the economy would crash, our currency nose-dive, the banks moving out etc etc. Basically, all the things that happened in the EU, ironically

Watch the feathers fly in the 27 if that happens
I don't think it's a question of "IF", Bread, it's more likely to be "WHEN".
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-06-2020, 03:39 PM

I can't read much of the Torygraph's articles because they're "greyed" out.
Oh! I got whole article! WTF?

Donkeyman! 😟
Percy Vere

01-06-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Oh! I got whole article! WTF?

Donkeyman! 😟
This is all I get because I'm not a subscriber:

"The EU's demands are "unprecedented" in trade agreements and are not set out in the Political Declaration, Downing Street said today.

The two sides are due to meet for another round of talks from tomorrow, with fishing and the level-playing field continuing to present the biggest challenge for any deal to be agreed.

At the end of this month, the two sides will stock-take, after which officials could be advised to build up their planning for a no deal scenario when transition ends in December.

The Prime Minister's spokesman stressed that the EU's position needed to change.
"
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:45 PM

The same may happen in the UK. I see boris is chosing his opponent already.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	12813  
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:47 PM

Yep, I think your'e right Percy
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:54 PM

This is all I get because I'm not a subscriber:

"The EU's demands are "unprecedented" in trade agreements and are not set out in the Political Declaration, Downing Street said today.

The two sides are due to meet for another round of talks from tomorrow, with fishing and the level-playing field continuing to present the biggest challenge for any deal to be agreed.

At the end of this month, the two sides will stock-take, after which officials could be advised to build up their planning for a no deal scenario when transition ends in December.

The Prime Minister's spokesman stressed that the EU's position needed to change.
"
It's stupid to lie if you are so easily found out. It proves you are a dishonest party. From the political declaration, article 17

Against this backdrop, the Parties agree to develop an ambitious, wide-ranging and balanced
economic partnership. This partnership will be comprehensive, encompassing a Free Trade
Agreement, as well as wider sectoral cooperation where it is in the mutual interest of both
Parties.
It will be underpinned by provisions ensuring a level playing field for open and fair
competition, as set out in Section XIV of this Part. It should facilitate trade and investment
between the Parties to the extent possible, while respecting the integrity of the Union's
Single Market and the Customs Union as well as the United Kingdom's internal market, and
recognising the development of an independent trade policy by the United Kingdom.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...al-declaration

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top