Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 04:10 PM

Re: Tom Hanks in Captain Phillips

Great film, and quite right, I don't think Tom Hanks has made a bad movie either.
He is a nice guy off screen as well...in fact I don't see him as hogging the limelight, or even recall any dirt on the bloke in the past. A genuine good guy.
I've got to say that for me this ranks right at the top of his films along with Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump and the brilliant Cast Away.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Great film, and quite right, I don't think Tom Hanks has made a bad movie either.
He is a nice guy off screen as well...in fact I don't see him as hogging the limelight, or even recall any dirt on the bloke in the past. A genuine good guy.
I've got to say that for me this ranks right at the top of his films along with Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump and the brilliant Cast Away.
And Apollo 13.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And Apollo 13.
I named my favourite three. I could go on (and include Apollo 13), but that would just be a list of all the Tom Hanks films. Not a bad one
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 09:27 PM

Excellent film.

I think we had a DVD of that but it appears that my wife 'lent' it to someone.

Fortunately, I recorded it and can now copy it to DVD... again.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 10:39 PM

It is interesting to read the accounts of the rest of the crew who reckon Captain Phillips was a complete dill who put his crew and ship in danger by choosing to sail through an area with known pirate activity.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 12:41 AM

Haven't watched it yet...
But saw Sully the other day
An amazing story

I can't think of an actor whose characters I believe in more
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 12:43 AM

He has the gift of an interesting rather than handsome face
And has remained so grounded despite his fame and fortune
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Haven't watched it yet...
An amazing story

I saw that just before Christmas and thought it was an excellent film. My only criticism was that I struggled to hear what Hanks was saying in the first half compared to everyone else.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-12-2016, 11:55 AM

I named my favourite three. I could go on (and include Apollo 13), but that would just be a list of all the Tom Hanks films. Not a bad one
Every time I watch it, I have to remind myself that it is a true story. If it was a made up film, I would be saying 'As if they could survive that.'
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And Apollo 13.
Originally Posted by Rhian ->
An amazing story

Watched it last night and it was excellent. For the most part, it was very realistic, including minimal dialogue. Maybe the last act (lifeboat) was stretched a bit but that's probably a personal preference and doesn't detract from the overall quality of the movie.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top