Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:19 AM

Re: Shopping today.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are an immigrant in a Foreign Country.

You are a burden on their resources.

You are a huge supporter of Trump, who you think is doing a great job.

You are a huge critic of the Mexican Government.

Simple solution, go home, back to the USA.

If Trump is doing such a fantastic job you will be far better off and safer in the USA.
I believe that this POTUS has done a magnificent job and had it not been for "The Dems" would have done much more in "MAGA".

So do the American people, after all they elected him.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am told by someone in the know that will be unlikely , the Armed Services will maintain supplies.
Yes, but it will take time, and much longer than that experienced in the usual network failure.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 12:12 PM

dodge
same here today. No frozen food no milk no cheese etc shelves bare. So Sue bought fresh veg and put them in ore freezers, I big chest freezer a 2 uprights so plenty of space for it all
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are an immigrant in a Foreign Country.

You are a burden on their resources.

You are a huge supporter of Trump, who you think is doing a great job.

You are a huge critic of the Mexican Government.

Simple solution, go home, back to the USA.

If Trump is doing such a fantastic job you will be far better off and safer in the USA.
That is rather vitriolic, Swimmy.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 01:38 PM

When you return from abroad with huge packs of cigarettes the customs people can require you to "prove" that they are for your own use and not for resale. I would station a squad of burly troops outside every supermarket with the power to require shoppers to "prove" that they needed all that they had bought, and the power to confiscate excess purchases which could then be donated to food banks or needy people with no transport.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 02:54 PM

Popped into Tesco on my way home from physio. It was like the Zombie Apocalypse.
Vicky Pollard was stalking the baby aisle coughing up something, probably to put others off.
A guy with a mask and his wife with a scarf around her face (not for religious reasons) came up behind me at the till where I was protecting my porridge and dog treats, luckily someone opened the next till and I scuttled in there sharpish.
No loo rolls or anything resembling tissue of any kind. The woman on the till said the meat was emptied at the weekend.

Glad to get out alive!
Sadly, I have to go back for more physio in a fortnight. I'm taking someone to ride shotgun!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:02 PM

Sainsbury's now restricting sales; no more than two items the same on non-fresh. Still today, the shelves were almost bare by midday.

The foodbank in our local store was overflowing so some people are still being very generous, unlike the man with about fifteen packets of bacon in his trolley.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:03 PM

We had a security guard in place today (first time I have seen that) and there is talk of bringing in the army if things really get out of hand.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We had a security guard in place today (first time I have seen that) and there is talk of bringing in the army if things really get out of hand.

I heard that too, Dongle.

Why are the shelves bare for so long though? Take the loo rolls for an example.
They are not imported are they? So is the problem getting them distributed from the warehouse to the shops, or are they not manufacturing anywhere near enough in the first place?

My local chemist had even sold out of thermometers yesterday, and babies nappies, so it's not only food.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-03-2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I heard that too, Dongle.

Why are the shelves bare for so long though? Take the loo rolls for an example.
They are not imported are they? So is the problem getting them distributed from the warehouse to the shops, or are they not manufacturing anywhere near enough in the first place?

My local chemist had even sold out of thermometers yesterday, and babies nappies, so it's not only food.
No idea Mups. For some reason, although we are getting deliveries, we are getting less than the normal amount. I can only guess that the warehouses are trying to spread the goods over all the branches in the Country. All I do know is that I popped into a local McColls shop and they had toilet rolls and poo bags (All poo bags sold out in Sainsbury's today)

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top