Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:00 AM

Re: Shopping today.

Just received an email from Iceland saying tomorrow they are opening for the first 2 hours for us oldies only.

Nice idea, but I wonder how they will monitor that?
Will someone have to stand on the door and turn younger people away?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just received an email from Iceland saying tomorrow they are opening for the first 2 hours for us oldies only.

Nice idea, but I wonder how they will monitor that?
Will someone have to stand on the door and turn younger people away?
I sense trouble.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 02:24 PM

Sainsburys here open from 8-9am tomorrow for elderly and vunerable. No loo rolls, so no point.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 03:15 PM

Our local garage has everything, including loo rolls and part baked bread! A bit more expensive but heyho!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 03:22 PM

Went into Tesco today .
No meat no bread no milk went to Waitrose’s yup got it all.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 03:24 PM

No Jam
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 03:32 PM

No decaf Kenco coffee. I suppose some knob head has a hundred jars of the stuff.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 08:09 PM

The cynic inside me is thinking that food shops are deliberately withholding restocking because it means as more and more people panic buy, items which would not normally be purchased in large numbers are being bought up because is all that is left. This means the food shops are making way more money than they normally would because EVERYTHING is going.

If the food shop was to restock, the items people wouldn't normally purchase would still be on the shelves.

The reason i say this is because I went in my local high street Iceland and they have not bothered to restock ANYTHING. I was in there on Monday and reported how bad it was but i wanted to get some crisps so decided to pop in an see what they had. I should have taken some pictures because no word of a lie, the ONLY tin food that was left was 3 tins of marrowfat peas and 2 tins of meatballs in gravy.

How are people supposed to feed themselves if food shops are not clamping down seriously hard on hoarders and not restocking properly.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 08:16 PM

There's a load of confusion about.

In Asda today the woman infront of us in the queue was complaining she'd been told she could only buy 3 loose bananas ... but if she'd bought them pre-packed she could have had more ...3 packs worth.

The worlds gone mad ... and the woman on the till was coughing (into her crooked elbow) and blew her nose twice.
We all belatedly jumped back to acceptable social distancing and just as smartly jumped back into line in the queue.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:22 PM

Hi

There are problems in the supply chain.

It is set up to deliver x amount of stuff, if people buy twice as much, there are problems and the country as a whole is hoarding.

There are also problems at the suppliers.

We import vast amounts of fresh food, Spain exports a lot to us and they are in lockdown.

Workers are self isolating and many are leaving to go home.

The Government have removed restrictions on HGV Drivers hours to help the situation

We are where we are . conspiracy theories are not helpful.

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top