Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 07:57 PM

Re: You Couldn't Make it Up

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
For your convenience I've translated part of the dutch article.

The lawsuit was brought in 2015 by mainly conservative German professors. They had asked the court in Karlsruhe to block German participation in the buy-back program. At that time, the court was not prepared to do so. Instead, the German judges turned to the EU Court in Luxembourg for advice. Entirely according to the rules, because "Luxembourg" and not "Karlsruhe" decides on the interpretation of EU law, which also includes the ECB. In 2018, the EU court ruled that the ECB's purchases are indeed legal. This advice is now being ignored by the German court, a decision by which it effectively forces a constitutional crisis with EU judges in Luxembourg. Because in principle the EU Court, and not the German court, tests EU law. In principle, the German court is only the guardian of the German constitution, but now suddenly presents itself as an arbitrator of European monetary policy.

Not overruled, but ignored a previous ruling by the only competent court on these matters. It seems it is beyond you.
So which is the dog, and which the tail then Solly???
The ECJ or the german courts?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So which is the dog, and which the tail then Solly???
The ECJ or the german courts?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The german courts should have ruled that they were not competent in this matter, and have refered the case to the ECJ.
A bit like the role of the supreme court had in the prorogation matter.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 08:35 PM

For your convenience I've translated part of the dutch article.

The lawsuit was brought in 2015 by mainly conservative German professors. They had asked the court in Karlsruhe to block German participation in the buy-back program. At that time, the court was not prepared to do so. Instead, the German judges turned to the EU Court in Luxembourg for advice. Entirely according to the rules, because "Luxembourg" and not "Karlsruhe" decides on the interpretation of EU law, which also includes the ECB. In 2018, the EU court ruled that the ECB's purchases are indeed legal. This advice is now being ignored by the German court, a decision by which it effectively forces a constitutional crisis with EU judges in Luxembourg. Because in principle the EU Court, and not the German court, tests EU law. In principle, the German court is only the guardian of the German constitution, but now suddenly presents itself as an arbitrator of European monetary policy.

Not overruled, but ignored a previous ruling by the only competent court on these matters. It seems it is beyond you.
The German court ruled that the ECB has acted beyond its remit and its actions were unlawful.

Get it right FFS
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Get a life Bread.

Brexit is a sideshow now.

We are leaving, a minor issue compared with Covid 19.

Brexit is not going to cause 30,000 deaths.

It is going to happen at the end of the year and that is the least of our worries.
Perhaps not Swim, but it's taken away the livelihood and dignity of a helluva lot more....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The German court ruled that the ECB has acted beyond its remit and its actions were unlawful.

Get it right FFS
You only have to remember one thing and you can't go remiss: The final word in EU law is always spoken in Luxembourg. Nowhere else.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:41 PM

You only have to remember one thing and you can't go remiss: The final word in EU law is always spoken in Luxembourg. Nowhere else.

Thats what the EU said, when Germanys Court over ruled them.

Looks like Germany rules you more than you thought Solasch, now the German dear leader is suing her own country.

Brilliant!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-05-2020, 10:09 PM

Thats what the EU said, when Germanys Court over ruled them.

Looks like Germany rules you more than you thought Solasch, now the German dear leader is suing her own country.

Brilliant!
National courts cannot overrule an international court like the ECJ.

As a matter of fact I'm with the german plaintiffs on this occasion. Their next goal is to stop the PEPP (look it up for yourself). As you know the netherlands are against those 750 bn €.
https://www.handelsblatt.com/finanze...hMvv1mUAC0-ap4
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-05-2020, 10:42 PM

National courts cannot overrule an international court like the ECJ.

As a matter of fact I'm with the german plaintiffs on this occasion. Their next goal is to stop the PEPP (look it up for yourself). As you know the netherlands are against those 750 bn €.
https://www.handelsblatt.com/finanze...hMvv1mUAC0-ap4

You've completely missed the point.

Again ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-05-2020, 11:08 PM

You've completely missed the point.

Again ....

You're outwitted, again.🐽
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 08:18 AM

Hi

I do not need a proper job, I am retired.

My focus is looking after my son.

I do work for free as and when I can, to help others.

I have been offered £35 an hour for a return to work by the Government.

That would be full time, which I cannot do and it would affect my Pension.

The Government are also employing Private Companies as Consultants.

They are paying them £135 an hour, of which I would get £80 an hour with no effect on my pension at all.

I can do 2 or 3 hours a day.

Which would you choose?

I am working for free as and when I can,

I am quite happy with that.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top