Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 09:39 PM

Re: Heating Controls.

This is ours

caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 05:36 PM

So I've fitted a drayton LP882,hot water work's fine but the ch won't switch on,the thermostat is calling for heat.

https://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/pr...ifestyle/lp822.

https://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/pr...ifestyle/lp822
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
So I've fitted a drayton LP882,hot water work's fine but the ch won't switch on,the thermostat is calling for heat.

https://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/pr...ifestyle/lp822.

https://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/pr...ifestyle/lp822
Have you any way of testing for supply at the t/stat?
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have you any way of testing for supply at the t/stat?
Dont have a tester,but if its any help there is a little flame thing on it showing calling for heat.

The old controller had no1 has heating on,the new one is hot water off,the old one never had hot water off.
Old no 4 heating off,new heating on.
old 3 water on,new 3 water on,so have just swapped 1 and 4 on the new,3 stayed the same, 2 not used.
The three point valve I can manually move to heating the boiler doesn't fire,move onto heating and water it work's,turn room stat down and the valve goes over to water and works fine.
Hope this helps.
Just to add on the new controller there is it says no1 is now water off when previously there was not,
caricature
Devon,England.

13-06-2020, 07:42 PM

Old.

new

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 12:57 PM

With the c/h turned to on, and the t/stat turned up, can you see, hear, or feel the motorised valve move? This will be a two-handed job, one to turn up the t/stat and one at the valve position.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
So the following images of what I have now,the clockwork timer sticks now,blooming stuff doesn't last only been there since 1987,any how recommendations for what to replace it with.
I had something similar which turned the water heater on to coincide with economy 7.
it hasn't worked for some years since my neighbour's son replaced the immersion heater.

Rather than spend more money I turn the water heater on when I get up in the night for a pee and off again when I get up and just before the 7 hours cheap rate finishes .It works a treat
caricature
Devon,England.

14-06-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
With the c/h turned to on, and the t/stat turned up, can you see, hear, or feel the motorised valve move? This will be a two-handed job, one to turn up the t/stat and one at the valve position.
Hi Judd,the valve doesn't move but I can feel a clunk when it is supposed to start to move and the same when I switch it off,if I move it manually to say heating then turn it on nothing happens but put the water back on and the valve moves to water.
I notice that 1 is wired to hot water off and 2 is not used,do I move 2 to 1?
caricature
Devon,England.

14-06-2020, 06:06 PM

So I put the valve manually to heating this afternoon,left it off but with the timer set for 6pm tonight on water,the valve went around to hot water ok,so does that rule the valve out?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

14-06-2020, 06:36 PM

Have you tried putting the c/heating on and the hot water on at the same time? On a three-way valve this will put it to the mid position so that the heating and hot water are both fed at the same time. Make sure the t/stat for the heating is cranked up to full for testing purposes.

If the heating still doesn't come on, move the valve to mid-position manually and lock it off at the same time as knocking off the c/heating at the timer. In this position, the c/heating will (should) heat up using the hot-water part of the timer.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top