Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 12:32 AM

Since the Pandemic, are you .....

EATING MORE?

For some reason I’ve turned eating food into a new sport. Normally I’ve got the eating and fitness in check but lately I can’t seem to stop eating.

How about the rest of you?
Has anyone else gained weight lately from comfort eating?

I’m getting somewhat concerned
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 01:08 AM

Re: Since the Pandemic, are you .....

I did and then I lost it. Eating less and taking much longer dog walks.

I guess the compass is putting jeans on. The scale being 1. able to put on jeans past the knees, 2. able to pull them all the way to your waste, 3. able to do the button up 4. able to do the zip up 5. all of the above and they are loose enough around your waist to need a belt.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 03:25 AM

I cook a lot and eat little. I am 180cm tall and I weigh 178 kg. That is about right for me. My eating habits haven't changed with the COVID so my weight hasn't either. Although my wife says she has eaten more. My fault probably. She likes my cooking and is eating more of it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 06:24 AM

I've noticed I'm eating more and I'm grazing all day. I'm grazing on low fat food like yogurt, fruit, crackers, soup. Im managing to stay stable probably because im power walking on my daily walks.

Make up some healthy soups then you can eat without worrying. Just an idea.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 06:34 AM

Yes definitely eating more often, it's boredom and requiring 'comfort food'. The weight is unfortunately being gained too both from that and sitting around more. As AnnieS commented, it's the jeans that are the compass!

Also I have not been able to set my mind to doing much and being totally isolated like this is not good for anyone. The last time I saw a family member and spoke face-to-face was mid-February so a long time ago, even for a bit of a loner like myself. I guess this has to change sometime?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 07:41 AM

I've cleared the shops of liquorice allsorts
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've cleared the shops of liquorice allsorts
Oh so that was you was it? Panic buying Liquorice Allsorts? never heard of that fettish before.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Oh so that was you was it? Panic buying Liquorice Allsorts? never heard of that fettish before.
Ha! Well a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 08:52 AM

No I haven't eaten more.
For the first few weeks I couldn't get a food delivery and unable to go out I was relying on my stocks of food so needed to be cautious in case I couldn't replenish my stocks.

I now get regular grocery deliveries every 10/12 days but am still cautious .

I have discovered new suppliers like the mill which provides my flour and the beautiful frozen organic blacurrants and goosberries from a local fruit farm both delivered.

I am also growing more vegetables, mixed salad leaves and land cress grown in big tubs are great and supply of a daily fresh salad right up to the first frost.

So I am not eating more but eating well
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:01 AM

I've gained weight but dare not get on scales I'm trying not to eat more but I'm sitting around more. I'm walking but struggling as I have very sore knees I think its arthritis, doctor told me to walk and take pain killers . I'm not taking pain killers but am walking but not my usual fast walks so I'm doomed .

Clothes are definitely tighter .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top