Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:22 PM

Re: Phony Meat

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, it's all plastic these days, isn't it?

At least for vegans.

(I thought Vegans were an alien race. I'm sure I've heard them mentioned on Star Trek, anyway.)
No, those are Vulcans.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

(I thought Vegans were an alien race. I'm sure I've heard them mentioned on Star Trek, anyway.)
I have always presumed they came from a planet floating around the star Vega in the constellation Lyra.

Unfortunately for them their star has an expected life of one tenth of our star hence the reason they have come to live among us bringing their rather strange habits with them.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Vegetarians and vegans have always intrigued me. Never understood the case they try to make.

Perhaps you can enlighten me Veganchick.

You say you went vegan for the animals.

Can I ask, how difficult have you found it applying that to the rest of your life?

Where do you get your shoes from for example? Have you found a sofa that doesn't exploit animals? Do you wear string instead of a leather belt etc?

personally I would find it very difficult if not impossible to work through everything and cut out all the things that involve the exploitation of animals.
It has not been so hard i get my shoes from various vegan companies likewise non leather belts. Being vegan is about doing the least harm I cannot say everthing l own or wear is 100% Vegan but I try my best and that is surely better than doing nothing because I cannot be perfect.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 06:58 AM

Ah yes the myth of humane slaughter!
veganchick
United Kingdom

14-10-2016, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Nor should they. They should be killed as humanely as possible for human consumption.
Ah yes they myth of humane slaughter !
veganchick
United Kingdom

14-10-2016, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Being a vegan is not considered healthy, especially when it is inflicted on children. Humans are meat eaters biologically speaking, but everything in moderation of course.
Did not my parent inflict a diet of dead animals on me? I know plenty of healthy vegan children. As for personal choice I am all for it but not when it causes suffering to animals, harm to the environment, and people to go hungry.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 12:34 PM

Only ONCE in my life have I had a non-meat main meal.

I owned a music shop (with a couple of branches) and had worked for EMI and others for over twenty years.

I was involved with a local Festival Committee, organizing entertainment.
Customers of mine had a very talented son, about 15yo, whom I thought good enough to pay him $50 to perform off the back of a truck prior to the 'main event'.

In gratitude for giving him that exposure, his parents invited me to his (rented) home for dinner.
RABBIT FOOD.
I enjoyed the night, and their company, immensely.
.... then went home and had MEAT !

That 'kid' is now an international star, married to an Oscar winner.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by veganchick ->
Did not my parent inflict a diet of dead animals on me? I know plenty of healthy vegan children. As for personal choice I am all for it but not when it causes suffering to animals, harm to the environment, and people to go hungry.
Umm... perhaps you're not wording yourself entirely proper here, but how in the world would using animals for food cause people to go hungry? In some parts of the world, hunting animals for food is how those people stay alive.

Would you rather they starve to death just to spare an animal's life?
veganchick
United Kingdom

14-10-2016, 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=Linda0818;1011282]Umm... perhaps you're not wording yourself entirely proper here, but how in the world would using animals for food cause people to go hungry? In some parts of the world, hunting animals for food is how those people stay alive.

Would you rather they starve to dea
le.The people who actually hunt for and kill animals to eat theselves are in the minority
.The world's population is growing so fast if every baby born was to be bought up an animal eater there will not be enough animals to provide the meat needed.
Linda0818
USA

14-10-2016, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by veganchick ->
.The world's population is growing so fast if every baby born was to be bought up an animal eater there will not be enough animals to provide the meat needed.
Well isn't that what you want? Fewer animals so fewer of them can be killed?

Not to be mean or anything, but your posts are very contradictory. I can't always make out what your exact points are supposed to be, but I do know this - you're for not killing animals. And that's great. That's your prerogative. Just as it's the prerogative of many others to eat meat.

Like I said in another thread, we could go on for days talking about this, but it's not going to change anything. People will change as they want to.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top