Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 08:17 PM

Re: Hurrah! Andrew Neil to lead new GB News Channel.

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I, for one, can't be bothered with cancelling my BBC licence.

True, I could save 13.12, a month, by doing so, but when I compare that with the cost of my Daily Newspaper (approx 15 pounds a week!) and some other memberships, etc. that i might not even look at at all, the BBC payment seems negligible.

I don't know how much the "independent" TV companies grab, from us, in the form of charging vast sums to advertise, the whole of which is passed on to us by the manufacturer. (and then some).

Making a case to put pressure on the BBC to change, that's worth while, in my opinion, but I think that Boris is, definitely, on board for that exercise.
No, of course it's not just the money; it's the principle.

Like you, we spend more than that on other things. The real reason I cancelled my TV Tax is that I resent having to support a political organisation with whose politics I disagree.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
This is why the BBC is sh!tting bricks over the Government's proposals to decriminalise the lack of a TV licence. They will lose the fact that most peeps do not want a criminal charge lying on their files.
That is not a worry if you do it legally.

There is no way that the BBC Police will ever fine me anything and certainly not put me in prison.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Brilliant news! the BBC has lost one of its star political interviewers now its confirmed that Andrew Neil is leaving to set up a new channel - GB News.
Good for him - and us! We desperately need a new news programme that doesn't delight in trashing Brexit and Great Britain at every opportunity.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...iteers-twitter
Andrew Neil certainly had Boris running for cover at the last election.

The greatest success, and the greatest lie of Brexit: Convincing people that the EU somehow interferes in every aspect of your daily lives......yet at the same time that if you leave, then nothing will really change....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top