Join for free
Page 29 of 51 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 01:58 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh it's the vets who put you under so much pressure Mups. They make you feel you are a cruel and irresponsible owner if you don't have the op. I suppose the whole pet owning arrangement is artificial though. A bit "Stockholm syndrome"
I don't believe it's fair criticising the vets. They can't work for nothing, so don't think they're wrong charging for 'snipping' cats.

If they didn't provide this service, can you imagine what would be the result? Feral cats, and presumably dogs, roaming the streets along with all the corresponding damage and health risks.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Dogs don't seem to mind castration. If anything, they are a tad calmer.

Human males are least effected by vasectomies. By the time he has a vasectomy, his brain is already "hard-wired" as being male. Personally speaking, I haven't noticed a bit of difference between before and after.
As has been said a vasectomy is not the same as castration. Unlike castration, a vasectomy only makes a male infertile.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
As has been said a vasectomy is not the same as castration. Unlike castration, a vasectomy only makes a male infertile.
Yes. Testosterone levels would remain exactly the same.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't believe it's fair criticising the vets. They can't work for nothing, so don't think they're wrong charging for 'snipping' cats.

If they didn't provide this service, can you imagine what would be the result? Feral cats, and presumably dogs, roaming the streets along with all the corresponding damage and health risks.
That's exactly the sort of thing they say to put you under pressure to agree to the op! So you feel there is no choice but to agree or be labelled an irresponsible owner. But then there are a lot of irresponsible owners out there so it's a tough one.

However, if we had to face the same choices for humans how would that make you feel as a man who had to agree to have children sterilised? The fact that lots of humans reproduce, cause trouble and don't provide for their families, roam the streets and cause damage and health risks - it's far greater in the human population than in the animal kingdom.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-09-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's exactly the sort of thing they say to put you under pressure to agree to the op! So you feel there is no choice but to agree or be labelled an irresponsible owner. But then there are a lot of irresponsible owners out there so it's a tough one.

However, if we had to face the same choices for humans how would that make you feel as a man who had to agree to have children sterilised? The fact that lots of humans reproduce, cause trouble and don't provide for their families, roam the streets and cause damage and health risks - it's far greater in the human population than in the animal kingdom.
Irresponsible humans should be 'snipped' too, preferably by vets so as not to tie up doctors' valuable time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:53 PM

Ey? No one has said vets should snip cats for free?
You're confusing me now JBR.

As for un-neutered dogs/cats roaming the streets with gay abandon just because they are no neutered, is just not true.
When I was a little kid they used to have the 'latch-key' dogs roaming streets, humping everything in sight, and in those days the poor puppies/kittens were then drowned at birth - ignorant and evil owners responsible though.
However, if you see a dog roaming in this country nowadays, it is usually because it has either escaped, been dumped, or is lost - nothing to do with neutering.

In all my life I have only ever had one male castrated, and that was 50-odd years ago, but being 'entire' certainly does not mean they are allowed to go roaming.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:56 PM

Irresponsible humans should be 'snipped' too, preferably by vets so as not to tie up doctors' valuable time.

Yes, and some people have always said that should be the 'forfeit' for commiting repeated sex crimes too, like rape.
I for one, think that would be a much more feared deterrent than a few hours community service and signing a register.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-09-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, and some people have always said that should be the 'forfeit' for commiting repeated sex crimes too, like rape.
I for one, think that would be a much more feared deterrent than a few hours community service and signing a register.
Yes, but not only 'snipping', better would be emasculating.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-09-2020, 05:15 PM

Yes, but not only 'snipping', better would be emasculating.

Yes - de-masculating.
Is that a word?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-09-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes - de-masculating.
Is that a word?
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...ish/emasculate
The biological sense.

Page 29 of 51 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top