Join for free
Page 44 of 52 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:35 AM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

When nomadic traders needed to keep a female camel from getting pregnant during long treks across the desert, they put stones into the animal's uterus. Or so the story goes!

Brave men to try that.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
When nomadic traders needed to keep a female camel from getting pregnant during long treks across the desert, they put stones into the animal's uterus. Or so the story goes!

Brave men to try that.
It's true. One of the bits of knowledge that Marco Polo was said to have brought back from China!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 01:10 PM

The first man who ate an oyster was a very brave man indeed - Mark Twain.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 07:10 PM

What about the first bloke to jump out of an aeroplane with a parachute..... Now that's what I call brave.....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What about the first bloke to jump out of an aeroplane with a parachute..... Now that's what I call brave.....

The second bloke was nearly has brave.

But he remembered to put the parachute on!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:15 AM

There are now no Australian journalists left in China as tensions between Australia and China escalate. The last two journalists took refuge in the Australian Embassy after being visited by the state security police before negotiations at government level took place.

This is after Australian journalist Cheng Lei disappeared.

The Foreign Ministry confirmed that Cheng Lei, a reporter for Chinese Government English news channel CGTN, was detained on August 14 and is being held by authorities in Beijing.

It's not known why Ms Cheng is being detained or what she is accused of.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-...china/12640000
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 11:19 AM

An update today, in the Telegraph, which shows what China is not suffering because of "the Virus".

Here is an excerpt :-

"Now, though, it feels different again. First in with the virus, China now claims to be first out. This month, it was announced that in the previous quarter China’s economy had grown by 4.9 per cent over a year earlier – a far better performance than any Western one. I heard a BBC China reporter say: “China is in a politically buoyant mood over the virus”. I am not sure he was fully aware how weird his words sounded, yet they were, in a way, correct. The regime that infected the world seems to be coming out on top by having done so. Coronavirus has become China’s most successful, indeed world-beating, export of 2020. In Cold War days,..."

Full report, if you can access it:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...me-made-world/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 11:39 AM

Hi

We are not in a position to threaten China in any way, shape or form.

Our two Aircraft Carriers have a life expectancy measured in minutes.

A Cameron Folly.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are not in a position to threaten China in any way, shape or form.

Our two Aircraft Carriers have a life expectancy measured in minutes.

A Cameron Folly.
We are assuming that the virus was China's creation though Swim....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We are assuming that the virus was China's creation though Swim....
I thought that was accepted as fact? Wuhan - November 2019? I was somewhere in China at that time.............

I'm amazed China hasn't acknowledged it's part in this pandemic and offered help! Instead they expect the rest of the world to look at them with admiration for the way they've handled things! Complacent, inhuman, droids. How I dislike them! It's time to show public disgust and say how unwelcome Chinese tourists will be in the future!

Page 44 of 52 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top