Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 02:15 PM

Re: Merkel scrubs brexit talks!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You put it all so nicely Bread !!
And it ties in with my own thinking , We have only ourselves to fear??
I see the remainers are trying all they can now to displace Boris by
hook or by crook !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍
They got boris his premiership to get brexit done. They could trust him to be rigid enough for that. Then suddenly he had to really govern a serious crisis, and he fell dismally short of that (he is the champion of the U-turns). Now the people are not only blaming boris, but his party as well. Time for the tories to get boris in that ditch he predicted to be found in.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 02:19 PM

Rather the opposite Solly, Frosty is waiting for Barmy to accept
OUR red lines ??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Barnier didn't get that mandate from europarliament, so he never can. And as merkel has scubbed brexit from the agenda, it is not going to happen.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-08-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It isn't at all, barnier will not move away from the level playing field or fishing. The UK has nothing to do with the single market anyway - we aren't in it.

The only attitude that is colonial is the colonial EU
I meant your colonial attitude that exhales from your sentence:

Frost has said there is a deal possible in October - of course there is, the EU need to take it. The draft legal texts are all there, Barnier has until end of September to agree it.

Clearly you are not even concious of your attitude. That makes it truly colonial.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
They got boris his premiership to get brexit done. They could trust him to be rigid enough for that. Then suddenly he had to really govern a serious crisis, and he fell dismally short of that (he is the champion of the U-turns). Now the people are not only blaming boris, but his party as well. Time for the tories to get boris in that ditch he predicted to be found in.
I think you should substitute the word remainers for the word
people Solly??
Two different things, the people describes the majority in a
democracy !! THEY are the people !THEY are the ones that backed
Boris !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Barnier didn't get that mandate from europarliament, so he never can. And as merkel has scubbed brexit from the agenda, it is not going to happen.
Do you mean Angela is going to ban brexit by decree Solly??
If so you are surely giong mad !!

Donkeyman! 🙌🙌😁😁
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 02:56 PM

I want to thank all contributors (except Solly, of course, who's just stirring it for stirring's sake) for the exceptionally well thought out and presented debate I've had the pleasure of reading so far on this forum. BTW, I agree with most of what's been posted.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-08-2020, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I want to thank all contributors (except Solly, of course, who's just stirring it for stirring's sake) for the exceptionally well thought out and presented debate I've had the pleasure of reading so far on this forum. BTW, I agree with most of what's been posted.
Its just common sense really Percy innit??
I cant wait to get out of this spiders web before we get completely
devoured!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 03:16 PM

Its just common sense really Percy innit??
I cant wait to get out of this spiders web before we get completely
devoured!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
True mate. Roll on 23:59 Dec 31st. I'll break open a bottle of suitably chilled Camel Valley sparkling white to welcome in the new era.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-08-2020, 03:41 PM

True mate. Roll on 23:59 Dec 31st. I'll break open a bottle of suitably chilled Camel Valley sparkling white to welcome in the new era.
I assume that is grown on the banks of the river Camel Percy??
I stayed at the Camelford hotel a long time ago, had a very interesting
stay there!!
I cant say l saw any vineyards in those days??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-08-2020, 03:46 PM

Consider this: if boris really thinks there will be no deal, why isn't he preparing?
If preparations would be in full, the date of 31 december 2020 wouldn't change anything.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top